Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Helmet -- I have no Idea

Options
  • 12-10-2008 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭

White is the only acceptable helmet color.
    http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=6007

Okay, I really need a new helmet. So far the only one I fancy is the Spiuk Nexion.. As the link above says it has to be white whcih is good cause my bike is white.

I will use it for road riding and long long sportives... like next years Tour of Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Buying helmets is a PITA.

Anyone got tips on the best place in Dublin to buy helmets?

I've been to three bike shops in the last week, and all had weird or crappy ranges of helmets - but then it can't be easy for small shops, when they're trying to serve road, MTB and skaters.

Will probably pop in to cyclesuperstore next w/e as they seem to have a decent range of Giro and Bell.

I'm looking for a grey or black helmet, for consistency with the rest of my "type 1 Fred" gear. My 15 y/o white Giro has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

I have and can strongly recommend the Catlike Whisper helmets. They are well vented and seriously light. And they are the only helmet I have owned that fits my head as opposed to sitting on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

A bit late now, but CRC were clearing out their 08 Giro stocks.

Picked up an 08 Giro Ionos for 120 euro, whereas the functionally and aesthetically identical 09 model was retailing for 175 euro. I think the 08 was about 185 in CSS.

See if you can get a good deal on an 08 one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    08 Giro Ionos

Looks like a goer ... I'll hunt about thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Some of the Specialized ones meet the snell standard rather than the lower european one. Can't remember which models though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I've a Specialized Decibel, which I love. Much better vented than the Bell model I had before that. Black also goes with everything. I would say that of course. Mine is black...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Verb wrote: »
    Some of the Specialized ones meet the snell standard rather than the lower european one. Can't remember which models though.

Thats a great reason to get one.... After al I'm wearing it to save my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I have and can strongly recommend the Catlike Whisper helmets. They are well vented and seriously light. And they are the only helmet I have owned that fits my head as opposed to sitting on top of it.

I like them too -and they freak out niceonetom with the insect like holes, so that makes it even better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭littleknown

i would highly recommend a giro atmos, i recently bought a catlike whisper but was very disappointed in the fit - it wasnt comfortable at all and i thought looked a bit weird, the atmos is really light, very comfortable and has great ventilation. i have had giros before and would now never buy another brand,, going cheap( ish ) from chainreaction here - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=16554

Advertisement