Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New cars?

Options
  • 12-10-2008 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

i have started a new job. and have got another ford focus as a company car. this brings it up to number 3.
    my first one was a 1.8 turbo diesel (2004). great car. nice and solid. always had problems with wear on the front tyres. but could not fault it at al.

next one was 1.6l turbo diesel. (2006) weak under powered , body work felt like it was made of paper mache and tinfoil!! but put some serious milage up and not many problems excluding the weird crack that kept forming in the turbo intake pipe. usual tyre wear problem ( did research and seemingly it was the weight of the diesel engine in it!?!?!?!)

now i have 1.8l diesel. nice and quick. now the body work is just made out of tinfoil (anoying parking dents on both sides of the car!!!. its quick enough in a straight line (really cant handle like the older ones). i feel like the brakes could be stronger. and the clutch burns with any hard acceleration. there is rattles in it already and there is funny spring like noises every so often. everyone in work has one and so far out of roughly 15 cars 2 have had electronic problems as in just stop working and 2 have had serious clutch problems.

and the seats are dreadfully uncomfortable!!

so my main thing is ....is new cars just getting worse.

has anyone seen improvement in cars over the years? i have not. they just seem to be getting built worse and worse each year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Martron wrote: »
    i have started a new job. and have got another ford focus as a company car. this brings it up to number 3.
    my first one was a 1.8 turbo diesel (2004). great car. nice and solid. always had problems with wear on the front tyres. but could not fault it at al.

next one was 1.6l turbo diesel. (2006) weak under powered , body work felt like it was made of paper mache and tinfoil!! but put some serious milage up and not many problems excluding the weird crack that kept forming in the turbo intake pipe. usual tyre wear problem ( did research and seemingly it was the weight of the diesel engine in it!?!?!?!)

now i have 1.8l diesel. nice and quick. now the body work is just made out of tinfoil (anoying parking dents on both sides of the car!!!. its quick enough in a straight line (really cant handle like the older ones). i feel like the brakes could be stronger. and the clutch burns with any hard acceleration. there is rattles in it already and there is funny spring like noises every so often. everyone in work has one and so far out of roughly 15 cars 2 have had electronic problems as in just stop working and 2 have had serious clutch problems.

and the seats are dreadfully uncomfortable!!

so my main thing is ....is new cars just getting worse.

has anyone seen improvement in cars over the years? i have not. they just seem to be getting built worse and worse each year.

In some ways, yes. Cut-backs is the name of the game! Share everything, produce as little as you can for as little as you can. Shame really.
    As a matter of interest, was it the TCDI the first 1.8 you have? Mate has the 3 door 2003 Focus, the TDDI, and I find it chronic slow.

Advertisement