Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC problems in Waterford?

Options
  • 12-10-2008 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭

For the past few days have had all sorts of problems.....no online light on modem at times, usually always during the night or early morning, and when it is working like now webpages seem slow to load (it's 10mb but images loading up one at a time light 512k or worse). Speedtest.net shows a perfect speed for 10mb connection, but thats not reflected in what I see when browsing. Some sites seem to be slower than others and uploading anything or logging in anywhere seems to take forever or just fail.

Haven't had a single problem with this up until recently. Anyone else getting this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I'm the same in Limerick. Have UPC 20meg first few days via wireless my desk top was giving me speeds of 20meg. Then I moved the Pc to another room and used the powerline ethernet plugs 85mps. Was getting 10meg then. Didn't realise at the time my homeplugs would only allow max dl speeds of 10meg unless I upgrade to the 200mps plugs. Anyway my notebook was giving me 20meg still all weekend. But still timing out even when just connecting to google.ie. And having to refresh, I find that happens peek times. ok late at night. Tonight I'm getting speedtests on magnet of up to 40meg!!!!! And do it again 2 mins later and getting 0meg dl and 1400kbps upload.
    As for my Pc thats barely connecting at the moment. I even went as far as reinstalling Windows and formatting my HDD. So I'm completely lost. Same story with my xbox360. Dropping out of matches at peak times of day. I think UPC will be getting a phone call again tomorrow. Starting to piss me off now. 3 weeks in and only about 3 days with a decent service. "ALL WAYS ON BB" my arse UPC. Took me 5 refreshes to open this post!!!!:mad::mad::(:(:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement