Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nanodramo?

Options
  • 12-10-2008 7:53pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was reminded recently that NaNoWriMo is starting again soon, and saw reference to a gang of regulars on some forum coming up with NaNoDraMo as an alternative option for artists.

NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month, the idea being that people taking part start from scratch and bash out a 50,000 word novel over the course of November. It's not really about quality per se - the idea is more to prove to people that they can write a short novel in one month and thus encourage them to persevere with writing when it gets tough.

NaNoDraMo appears to be about drawing 50 sketches in one month. Not a bad idea, but not quite something I'd be interested in personally.

However, given that 24 Hour Comic Day seems to be popular enough round these parts, I was thinking that a comics version might be fun to try. So we're talking about ~48 pages of comic over the course of a month. Sounds mental, right? Well, yes, but then 24 pages of comic over the course of one day is mental, but it's also really good fun and forces you to approach your whole process differently.

So is anyone else interested? I think it would be a fun experiment, and if people are up for it we can use this forum as a sort of support network where people can post up samples of their work and egg each other on.

(I might give this a go regardless, but it would be more fun with a group of people involved...)

Advertisement