Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick question

Options
  • 12-10-2008 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

My test is Wednesday afternoon, but I now have to meet somebody for work Wednesday morning. I can't postpone the meeting unfortunately, if it goes as it should I might make it back on time to do my test it's 50/50 whether I would though.

If I'm not at the test centre exactly at the time on my letter, I presume it's a straight fail, right?
    If I do miss the test without notifying the RSA is there any consequences bar losing my fee, will they get a bit pissy if I have to reapply?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Bonzo1970

No,you will lose your money and have to reapply. Something I would do so immediately. Try to get there on time-let the person who you are meeting,know the situation. Everyone had to take the dreadful test at least once so he/she,should understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You will indeed lose your fee if you cancel now, i believe you must cancel at the latest, 10 days before, to get your fee back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

zagreb wrote: »
    If I'm not at the test centre exactly at the time on my letter, I presume it's a straight fail, right?
    Not necessarily. They usually take another candidate who may have arrived early.
    zagreb wrote:
    If I do miss the test without notifying the RSA is there any consequences bar losing my fee, will they get a bit pissy if I have to reapply?
    Not at all. You are just another 'number'.

Good luck with it and don't worry too much about getting there. It's not the end of the world and short waiting times now make the process much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mefain

zagreb wrote: »
    My test is Wednesday afternoon, but I now have to meet somebody for work Wednesday morning. I can't postpone the meeting unfortunately, if it goes as it should I might make it back on time to do my test it's 50/50 whether I would though.

Sometimes it depends on the actual test centre but if you are just a little late it's still worth turning up, THEY could be running late. You've gone to the trouble of preparing for the test, I'm with Bonzo, when the person you are meeting knows the story, I reckon they will wish you the best and let you away on time. GOOD LUCK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 zagreb

Cheers everybody. :)

That's a load off my mind, hopefully I'll make it but I will see what happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement