Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2008

Options
  • 12-10-2008 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Is this the greatest month for games in the history of man kind ?

Fifa 09
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
    Deadspace
    Red Alert 3
    Fable 2
    Fallout 3
    Saints Row 2
    Little Big Planet
    Rock Band 2
    Far Cry 2
    Guitar Hero world tour

Crazy...

WOW: Wrath of Lich King, Call of Duty:World At War & Gears of War 2 are all out in early November also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

We get this sort of hype this time every year. But in this case... Yes I think it just might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Mirrors Edge out the same day as CoD and then Left4Dead out the week after as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its going to be some month

is the limited edition fallout 3 coming to ireland

this one http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/5483415/Fallout-3-Collector-Edition/Product.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

hmm October is going to be an expensive month

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I add World of Goo to that list. Its getting excellent reviews and is out tomorrow on WiiWare and Steam for the PC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Goo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Fifa 09 - meh just another update
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 - ditto to above
    Deadspace - looks good
    Red Alert 3 - looks good
    Fable 2 - doesn't interest me
    Fallout 3 - looks good
    Saints Row 2 - doesn't interest me
    Little Big Planet - looks ok
    Rock Band 2 - meh same **** different songs
    Far Cry 2 - looks good
    Guitar Hero world tour - meh same **** different songs again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

FYI, cos I know looks can be deceiving, Fable (1) didnt play anything like the cute look it had. It was actually pretty good and the sequel (for me) is worth buying based on that alone. It also has COOP play, which is nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah from around the middle of October to the middle of November it is four or five weeks of solid greatness. I won't have time to play even half the games I want to, so I think there'll be a lot of reviews being read every Thursday evening ;)

As of now I am particularly interested in:
    Far Cry 2: looks ambitious and original.
    Gears of War 2: does not look ambitious and original, but looks fun. And I'm in the mood for a good online shooter.
    Mirror's Edge: if they pull this off, will be very impressed.
    Rock Band 2: I wasn't sure this had a release date :confused: But if it is, that is a must buy.
    Left 4 Dead: really interested in this but may wait til I have some time off at Christmas.

As of now Fable 2 (first one wasn't great, and don't like some of the directions this one is taking), Fallout 3 (have too much work to do and not enough time for another 100 hour game) and Dead Space (getting good enough reviews to consider) look good too but probably won't get around to them unless one of the above turns out to be crap. Little Big Planet looks the most fascinating of the lot, but alas (or fortunately) no PS3.

But yes an expensive and probably unproductive month lies ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

its going to be some month

is the limited edition fallout 3 coming to ireland

this one http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/5483415/Fallout-3-Collector-Edition/Product.html

Yeh i preordered it in Gamestop last week. €69.99 they told me it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Tusky wrote: »

Fifa 09
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
    Deadspace
    Red Alert 3
    Fable 2
    Fallout 3
    Saints Row 2
    Little Big Planet
    Rock Band 2
    Far Cry 2
    Guitar Hero world tour

Yeah, I've no idea how I'll afford 1 of them, never mind all of them!
    And then there's Mirror's Edge in November...
    Damn you college!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Hedging my bets between RA3, Fallout3 and Far Cry 2. Surely one will provide ample entertainment.

On the sporting front, PES09 and Fifa09 are providing a hot debate in the house. Myself and the two brothers have been PES fans since day one as it always offered the best "feel" over the licenses and gimmickery of FIFA, yet it seems this year might prove different. I just don't know if I could bring myself to buy a FIFA game after all these years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Azza wrote: »
    I add World of Goo to that list. Its getting excellent reviews and is out tomorrow on WiiWare and Steam for the PC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Goo

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it seems this isn't out in Europe tomorrow, and won't be coming to Steam or Wiiware here at all.

I'm as disappointed as you are :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Its my birthday next week :)

Great excuse to buy games for myself! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't know what to buy 1st!
    Fallout 3, Deadspace and Little Big Planet I want, but where to find 180 euro or so this close to Christmas is going to be tricky!
    And the Gears of War 2 as well!
    I'll just have to live on economy burgers and cheese food slices 'til the new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

It's a good month for releases anyway!
    Going to hold off on Gears 2 for a while, still need to complete 1 on insane.

Definetly getting Pro on Friday.

Deadspace interests me alot, it's getting really good reviews.

Only other game that interests me is LBP but I don't have a PS3.

CoD could be the surprise one there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

two games I want there are fallout 3 and red alert 3,was thinking of getting far cry 2,but I dunno if I should seeing as I did'nt like the first one.

Advertisement