Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amaryllis problem

Options
  • 12-10-2008 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I've recently peeled off the dead scales of an amaryllis and changed the compost .Today I noticed that there appears to be 'burn' marks on the bulb which have appeared since. The compost I used is home-made and quite heavy - could it be the compost which is causing this? What should I do to rectify it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Update: this did actually grow and flowered in April after which I removed the stem and watered it once a week as per the guidelines. In the autumn, I had intended the remove the outer layers of the bulb and replace the compost in order for it to flower again in December.

However, I noticed today that it's starting to grow again! I removed the dead layers and am unsure what to do next. Has anyone any ideas? Should I add more or change the compost ?

Here's a photo of the new growth and in bloom

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...ain/Amaryllis/

Advertisement