Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi website

Options
  • 12-10-2008 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I suppose I should direct this question to AudiChris who might have some inside line on when, if ever, Audi are going to update their website?! Looking to change in January but its impossible to get a handle on what you want when the stuff on the web is so out of date. Any sign of the 170 diesel avant becoming available soon? Cheers

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

audi website is shockingly bad and always about 3 or 4 months out of date. I wouldn't hold your breath, best to phone/go to a dealer and ask or pm chris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

What model?

Ask your question here and I'll do my best to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Dead right there website is unbelievable for such a major manufacturer.

I imagine the 170bhp avant will be 1900e more than the 143 version like the saloon model.

Even the extras are still priced at pre july prices.

I was looking to see what the story was on the updated A6 the UK and the German sites have full details and prices .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The configurator on the audi.ie sites comes straight from audi.com and if it's out of date you're best off going to a dealer or check here http://www.carzone.ie/newcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&searchtype=quick&make=AUDI&xMake=AUDI&model=A4&xModel=A4&Body=ES&xBody=ES&fuel=D&x=38&y=9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sid3

Of course I should have specified the A4 avant in the original post! I see the UK Audi site configurator is up to date in the last few days. But it would seem from the carzone site that the 170 diesel is available now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I was looking to see what the story was on the updated A6 the UK and the German sites have full details and prices .

It starts at €42,100 for the 2.0 TDI 'e' model, however with just 136 bhp, we shall move swiftly on and talk about the more interesting 170 bhp model(though 170 bhp in a big huge saloon would only be adequate IMHO, and what you'd really need is a V6 diesel).

I presume that the 170 will be priced near enough to the 520d, though it is important to remember that the 520d will be €150 on motor tax, compared to €290 for the Audi.

The 2.0 TDI e is in the same VRT cateogry as the 520d, hence the €5,100 price advantage it has over the 520d, however it has just 136 bhp rather than the 177 the 520d has.

I have a 150 bhp 5 series whose design dates from 20 years ago, when cars in this class were considerably smaller(closer to Avensis size really) and more to the point, a LOT lighter, and 150 bhp isn't a lot by any measure of means in that car, so 20 years on, when these type of cars weigh a lot more and are a fair bit bigger, 136 bhp is definately going to be worse, much worse if you ask me now that we actually have motorways where it is possible to quite legally travel at a decent speed.

Nice rant, E92, but you missed the bit in his OP where he's asking for the 170BHP :p:p:p:D.

Edit: never mind, I missed the part where you addressed the 170 in your post.

Focus, Chris, Focus!

sid3 wrote: »
    Of course I should have specified the A4 avant in the original post! I see the UK Audi site configurator is up to date in the last few days. But it would seem from the carzone site that the 170 diesel is available now?

170's available to order now, we have model codes etc. I can't find the pricing at the moment.

Thanks both it was 170bhp i was asking about.

I was in 2 Audi dealerships today and both had no details on the facelifted A6. So instead i trumped for the A4 170bhp and will get the 2011 A6 new model.

Thanks both it was 170bhp i was asking about.

I was in 2 Audi dealerships today and both had no details on the facelifted A6. So instead i trumped for the A4 170bhp and will get the 2011 A6 new model.

I don't want you to name and shame, but that's pretty embarassing - we have pricing, specs and optional extras for the facelifted A6, and plenty of imagery is available on the net...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Thank God they've finally added the 170 bhp TDI to the A4, that was a serious omission and could have done Audi serious damage what with the new VRT laws meaning we no longer have to go for pint sized engines, and the facelifted 3 series now available to order had they left that blantently obvious gap in the range unattended any longer.

Interestingly, Audi comfortably outsold BMW in September, and are within an asses' roar of them for new car sales this year overall.

AudiChris wrote: »
    I don't want you to name and shame, but that's pretty embarassing - we have pricing, specs and optional extras for the facelifted A6, and plenty of imagery is available on the net...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Have seen the Pictures i wanted prices and specs etc. Will be in 2 more dealers tomorrow to get price comparison so will ask again before i put my money down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sid3

Cheers for the info..

Advertisement