Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sniping in Bad Company?

Options
  • 12-10-2008 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have issues with sniping on BC on 360? most of the time is grand but with one particular gun (I cant remember the name) looks like a 50 cal, camo paint job? I have serious issues hitting someone with that from any sort of distance. The rest of the guns I can use no problem from the same distance for kills. For instance I was just playing a game and I swear to god I hit one dude 6 times with that rifle and he didnt die.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

First person shooter on consoles lol

Ugh, anyway, after taking a moment to consider the situation I'm going to assume they used largely the same coding which means that Bad Company sniping is probably as awful as PC Battlefield sniping.

Trick is, the crosshairs has to be absolutely still for a moment to get an accurate shot. So if someone is running, pick a point ahead of them, stop there and shoot just as they enter it, rather than chasing them with the cross hairs. Same goes for targets sitting still; don't point at them and shoot straight away, let it rest for a half second first and then fire.

Or, y'know, it could just be a crappy console game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I found the sniping way easier in Bad Company than BF2 and I'm no slouch with the sniper rifle..
    Was playing on PS3 version and adjusting for distance etc and fired about 4 shots at this guy just standing around like an idiot..
    Chancing my arm I place crosshairs on his head and boom..headshot...
    Don't think there's no bullet drop on this game.

BF2 definitely has some bullet drop but only at extreme ranges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Zillah wrote: »

Or, y'know, it could just be a crappy console game.

:rolleyes:
    What a completely well informed and unbiased opinion there.
    BC is actually a very good game, youd know that if youd bothered playing it before slagging it. The single player is great, and the few days i spent on the multiplayer side were easily as fun as any game of BF2 ive ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yeah, I use to be like you cant play an FPS on a console(before I had one) Then I got one and at 1st its hard but once you get use to it its perfect like theres only a little margin of difference between the two.

To op use the m24 the lines in the scope are thinner than the rest, making it easier to be more accurate. The M95 is the dogs balls.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

ffs. you probably missed those shots becasue your connection was a little laggy.

Advertisement