Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I would like to request a reply from a moderator

Options
  • 12-10-2008 9:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055396616

I started a thread in feedback about my banning from the Pro Wrestling forum by bombidol the back ground of which is explained in the OP. A day later he simply replied by lifting the ban. Of course I am happy with the decision. But I am still in the dark over why he banned in the first place, the strictness of the infraction, why it took so long for him to reply to me even though I took many efforts for a reply in addition to why was the ban lifted and he was actively posting on here since my banning was issued. I’m not a sadist I’m just looking for answers behind all this after someone referred me to the Helpdesk

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

If my infraction stood the time period would have expired by now but I would still like some form of explaination. As Im still confused by it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gordon's been talking to bombidol afaik. He might have something for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Give me a couple of days Rovert I'm up to my eyes in crap at the moment.

A week on

Sorry Rovert been up to my eyes with something for the last few days, im still in the middle of it so my online time is pretty sporadic.

You were given a temporary ban for a couple of reasons. One because since your first day on the board you have been extremely annoying to a lot of users, to the point of the PW board losing contributing posters due to your general demenour and attitude. You also posted a youtube video without using the youtube sticky thread which is explicitly warned against in the forum charter. I will be first to admit my ban was hasty hence the removal of the ban after a couple of days and I do aknowledge the fact that you have been improving your contributions on the board so I will review any or all infractions and reported posts against you closer in the future.

• Advertisement

bombidol wrote: »
    Sorry Rovert been up to my eyes with something for the last few days, im still in the middle of it so my online time is pretty sporadic.

You were given a temporary ban for a couple of reasons. One because since your first day on the board you have been extremely annoying to a lot of users, to the point of the PW board losing contributing posters due to your general demenour and attitude. You also posted a youtube video without using the youtube sticky thread which is explicitly warned against in the forum charter. I will be first to admit my ban was hasty hence the removal of the ban after a couple of days and I do aknowledge the fact that you have been improving your contributions on the board so I will review any or all infractions and reported posts against you closer in the future.

Just seen this now apologises for the bump. You still havent explained why you never replied to my PMs when I tried to seek clarification which lead to the feedback thread which I know you saw which in turn you never replied to. Not to mention your delayed response to this thread. All through out this time you were on boards posting and the like so you can’t have been too busy. I did ask for an explanation in the OP.

In relation to your point about the stickied Youtube thread all the charter says is that at worst the thread may be moved or deleted. There is no mention of it being an offence that would warrant a ban.

I’m also sorry that asking other posters for proof for some of their statements or to back up things, you know sticking to the charter. You do ask for sources to news and information. You can’t blame me for the board losing posters when interest in Wrestling is at an all time low. ShawnRaven and Minto stopped their podcast as a result how stale Wrestling is. My contributions to the board have always been valuable in fairness and I think my posting style has remained the same . Most of the arguing was from other people attacking me sometimes in coordination as even yourself claimed this not the other way round.

This is over. Let it go. You will not be satisfied with any response. This is the last time I will respond in this thread. Please dont PM me again on this matter or any other if you can help it.

bombidol wrote: »
    This is over. Let it go. You will not be satisfied with any response. This is the last time I will respond in this thread. Please dont PM me again on this matter or any other if you can help it.

It isnt over you never explained why you never bother to reply to me when I looked for clarification? I did ask that in the OP. It is a fair question which you are refusing to answer. Ill be satisfied and will let it go when you answer this question. Im the one how tried to nip it in the bud when you originally issued me with the ban.

Also here is what the charter says about posting videos:
    You may link to videos on youtube.com/etc. But please make sure they are relevant to wrestling - and not vaguely related to wrestling (some kid playing with toys, etc) ALL video links must be posted in the relevant video thread. Video links posted elsewhere will be deleted or moved at the Mod's digression.

It doesnt say anything about it being grounds for an offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

rovert wrote: »
    It isnt over you never explained why you never bother to reply to me when I looked for clarification? I did ask that in the OP.
    No you didn't.
    It is a fair question which you are refusing to answer. Ill be satisfied and will let it go when you answer this question.
    If that is your final question then this thread is closed because you did not ask that in the OP. The mod has answered your questions. You are now flogging a dead horse. This topic is over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement