Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue screen of death

• 12-10-2008 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Im geting the blue screen of death but it flash's up so quick i cant read it pc just keep's restarting just as it is about to load up windows

It starte when i had not used my pc for a while went to use it got the blue screen have tryed installing 2 diffent copys of windows and geting the blue screen after the frist time i restart the pc it install's fine but as soon as i turn of the pc an strt it again i get the blue screen :mad:

Were should i start

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Im geting the blue screen of death but it flash's up so quick i cant read it pc just keep's restarting just as it is about to load up windows

It starte when i had not used my pc for a while went to use it got the blue screen have tryed installing 2 diffent copys of windows and geting the blue screen after the frist time i restart the pc it install's fine but as soon as i turn of the pc an strt it again i get the blue screen :mad:

Were should i start

Go to system properties in the control panel, and on the advanced tab, select startup and recovery. In there is an option to automatically restart, untick this. Now the bluescreen message will stay so you can read the error message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I cant get windows to start up and i dont see any options like that in the bios

I just noteised when i disconected all my other harddrives bar my c drive i am geting an option to load up 2 copys of windows One xp pro the other the media centre so when i installed windows the old one did not get formated i went for a normal format and not a quick one as i rember it takeing about 2 hours to format the hard drive .

I wonder why it is still there :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Might be abe to help ya here. Fixed a customers pc just d other day with a similar issue though it wasnt dual boot. Do you have the xp disc?

First off if you haveyour xp disc try booting form it press enter and then F8 to install xp then it should see it already installed press "R" to repair the installation. If it doesnt see it QUIT dont go any further yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I installed it again this time only doing a quick format seems to be working fine now i hope then again i still have to put the rest of my harddrives back in to the pc hope there is not a probluem with one of them that was stoping it working

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Vixen Sexlectra

Ah Yes.. screen of death..
    you should try Linux operating system (open source)
    It free, better than windows and easier to use..

Try it.. Good Luck

Try it.. Good Luck

Hmm better than windows yes, easier to use eh no?! Though that's just my opinion. Hope it wrks out for ya nightrider!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Try it.. Good Luck
    Please read the charter

No Off-Topic Advocacy: When someone asks a question in relation to their current OS/browser/mailer/etc, either answer the question or don't post. If they want an alternative, they'll ask for it. Off-topic advocacy will be sent to the Recycle Bin and repeat offenders may be banned.

then press Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

be good or you will be banished back to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=372

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

OP

have you tried looking in the event log to see what the error was

event viewer is in admin tools and check the system log for errors , in some cases you can click on the link and it may take you to the page

if you have been playing around with the hardware , expecially clocking then rest the speeds back and use a memory checking program

boot up in safe mode to see if more stable

Advertisement