Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attic insulation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

RKQ wrote: »
    Or you could pop off to Argos or Aldi or similar and buy a cheap circular saw or table saw. Cuts insulation board in a straigth line in seconds. Well worth the outlay and should be cheaper and quicker than getting a special order from Kingspan.:D

I was thinking about getting 50mm aeroboard, cutting it into strips, inserting it between the joists and down as far as the eaves. Then getting insulation pumped into the void and removing the aeroboard after to ensure the 50mm cavity.
    1. Should fill all the voids around dormer windows, services etc.
    2. Shouldnt leave any gaps between the joists and therefore reduce air permiability
    3. I cant even draw a straight line never mind cut one!! CAD isnt a tool to me its a crutch!

Advertisement