Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Route 66

• 12-10-2008 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi All,

I'm currently in the process of preliminary planning a 4 week road trip to the US of A next year.

I've heard from a couple of people that it's possible to get a free car for one of two reasons; the first being that a lot of rich people head out west to east or east to west for the summer and need their big flash cars there when they arrive, and the other was that car hire companies give out freebies as it's cheaper than having them transported.

I've searched the web but can't find anything in relation to this. Can anybody shed any light?

Also, if anybody has done the road trip thing, then I'd be delighted to hear about any experiences you had.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Both are IMO urban legends.

EDIT : Done 4 road trips over 6 years in the States. Heard of this plan, asked rental agencies in the USA and none had ever herd of this scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Ponster wrote: »
    Both are IMO urban legends.

EDIT : Done 4 road trips over 6 years in the States. Heard of this plan, asked rental agencies in the USA and none had ever herd of this scheme.

+1 as far as i know also... check out this thread for someone who has done a similar road trip. i'm hoping to move to cali next year so i plan to do this from west to east, let us know how you get on if you do it!

Advertisement