Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

assault vests.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

It will depend on what types of mags it will be holding, what loadout style you are going for etc. I have a SAAV. Excellent vest for M4/M14 mags but not so for the MP5 mags. The pouches on the LA vest look better suited to a longer mag like the MP5 or the AK's.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Friend of mind got the SAAV and absolutely hated it; put me off ever getting one. Plus what do you need all the space for? Consider what you'll be carrying most of the time; you don't want to be carrying too much on a skirmish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Have the saav love it, very handy, plenty of room for storage, dumpbags are a bit awrkward to get the hang of but once you do its great. Also has utility pouch on the back aswell as one for hydration pack.

Was did kind of like the other one, the whole swat look, but saav won out. Go to eirsoft and try it on, they've loads in plenty of different styles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

The south African vest is very handy. You can use the backpack on it to carry a hydration pack. The top right pocket on it can fit in my M9 easily. There is enough room for mags as well if you are an armalite user like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

well i have an saav and i think it is brilliant

you can fit ten m4 mags or six g36c mags and then you have two dump pouches two put your empty mags into then you have a utility pouch on the front left that is perfect for putting a bottle of bb's or a pistol. there is also two grenade pouches that also fit a radio perfectly.
    and thats just the front!!!!
    on the back it has a big pouche for putting hydration packs in and then there is another utility pouche under that where you can put snacks or whatever your car keys money
    and another great thing is it will fit people of all shapes and sizes
    really its the best vest for the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Anyone have pictures of someone wearing the SAAV doesn't look like it would be comfy to me.... I have a webtex crossdraw atm and I'm thinking of getting something with more space for mags etc... saav looks decent enough for the price

Also.. is it suitable for the.. ahem.. larger gent :D

ye this will fit everyone the saav is the best!!!!!!!! if only they did it in marpat
    but ye if a webtex cross draw fits you this will defenetly fit

daz801 wrote: »
    ye this will fit everyone the saav is the best!!!!!!!! if only they did it in marpat
    but ye if a webtex cross draw fits you this will defenetly fit

How many pockets etc does it have... mag pouches specifically

if you read the post about four before this you will see i did a lttle review on it but to answer you directly it holds 10 m4 mags and 6 g36c mags
    dont know about and other mags but i would say for most mags betwenn thos two so youl always have enough

if you read the post about four before this you will see i did a lttle review on it but to answer you directly it holds 10 m4 mags and 6 g36c mags
    dont know about and other mags but i would say for most mags betwenn thos two so youl always have enough

10 m4 mags? How?

• Advertisement

it has four double mag pouches and two single mag pouches
    the reason you can only get 6 g36 mags is because they are wider because of the tabs to stick the mags together but if you file them off you might get 10 in

it has four double mag pouches and two single mag pouches
    the reason you can only get 6 g36 mags is because they are wider because of the tabs to stick the mags together but if you file them off you might get 10 in

Ah right cool.. mag storage was always a problem for me... hmm.. so I dont need a seperate dump bag either?

nope you got two on eather side of you
    mind you there akward to open and use ive modified mine though

nope you got two on eather side of you
    mind you there akward to open and use ive modified mine though

Cause of the velcro? and how did you mod them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Don't buy Webtex, it's absolute muck.

Poccington wrote: »
    Don't buy Webtex, it's absolute muck.

What's wrong with it? I love my webtex vest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

It's made of ****e material that can't stand up to any hardship. Put some weight into it and start putting it through it's paces and it will fall to pieces.... Also, Webtex gear isn't IRR so you'll light up like an xmas tree if you're ever viewed using NVE.

As the Brits say, "Buy Webtex, buy twice!" :pac:

Advertisement