Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss bringing his baby to work

Options
  • 12-10-2008 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I just wanted to get some feedback on what others think of this and ask your advice on what I should do (if anything)

My manager works from home most of the week, but on the few days he does come to Dublin, he seems to always have meetings offsite. He emailed his team before he was due to attend one of these meetings and organised a team meeting for directly afterwards and stated that we all must attend. During this meeting we were to produce a plan and present it to him (no prior notice given on this). So everyone is a bit panicked about having to re-arrange an already busy day and having to produce this plan.
    So the meeting time arrives and no sign of the manager.
    He arrives into the office over an hour later with no apologies and to make matters worse, he has his baby with him. So he proceeds to feed this baby and an hour and a half later disappears off to hand the baby back to his wife, who is in a local coffee shop. Now this guy lives a 4 hour drive from Dublin and it just made me wonder if he actually was at meetings all day.

Anyway, the meeting is to proceed over two and a half hours late and we all have had to stay late. Most of us made our apologies when it came to clock off time and duly went home.

I'm now wondering should I bring this to the attention of higher management, or would this possibly just be shooting myself in the foot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

To be honest it really depends on the type of boss he is and the type of employee you are.
    I can understand that it was very unprofessional to literally bring his home life to the office and to be completely disrespectful of the teams time...........but............from the situation you describe he appeared to have little choice in the matter. If it happens regularly then Im sure he would appreciate him bringing the issue up with him first before you go blabbing to his bosses. On the other hand this is atypical of his behaviour then cut the guy some slack. Yo dont know why your boss felt he had to do this,

I dont understand why you havent considered approaching your boss in some way first? Wouldnt you want to be given the chance to explain yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pauldiv

He sounds like a pretty laid back guy.

Advertisement