Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend Alarm

Options
  • 12-10-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Looking to buy an alarm for a Vivaro van.Nothing too exspensive or complicated as i will be fitting it.Instructions would help a lot too :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Not the response you looking for but.... Be sure that your insurance company covers gear/tools/stock while in the van. I've heard of instances before where contents weren't covered. An alarm is a deterrent but a decent insurance policy replaces the stuff.

Your van has an immobiliser so if theft of the van itself is what's bothering you then an alarm is not necessary. But to add security for the contents, any car alarm/stereo seller should have something to suit.

Try here for openers. They'll do anything from a standard alarm to full cargolock. If you want the ultimate then try Steve Guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

The insurance doesn't cover contents,im getting seperate insurance for tools.
    Yes it has immobiliser so its just an alarm i need.
    Thanks for the links il have a look now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

www.jdmproducts.com have just alarmed 6 traffic vans for me.

I don't think it's such an easy job as the wiring loom runs down the passenger side A pillar (or that may be the Master they did at the same time), so it may be worth getting a pro to do the job.

I'm pretty sure they used Clifford Alarms, but don't know which model number.

Advertisement