Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

gearknob missing in cars for sale?

Options
  • 12-10-2008 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

noticed a lot of cars in ads missing the gear knob,pretty much all jap imports,is this just a security measure?? eg. this glanzaCB4_1044312_8_285177.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I guess so esp if they insist on leaving the keys in the ignition :)

Mike

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah I think it's a relic to the two weeks it took from them unscrewing the gear knob to the car theives carrying around the gearknobs where car theft was down 2%.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

These new hi-tec invisible gear knobs are all the rage now. They come with a free burberry cap as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

A lot of cars are left unlocked in the docks when they are taken off the boat, so people rob the gearknobs then. Sometimes it is only people doing it for the sake of it, but certain gearknobs are fairly sought after and are expensive such as integra and civic type r gearknobs

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

They get robbed in transport and on the docks,along with the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Somebody told me before that the ones coming from Japan are usually aftermarket and stolen en route

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Onkle wrote: »
    Somebody told me before that the ones coming from Japan are usually aftermarket and stolen en route

thats the case too, but as mentioned above a type R gearknob from an integra or civic or accord is 195 euro plud vat from a dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

but surely you would be mad to buy a car witout a gearknob!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

There wont be a problem with no gearknob - they'll sell it to a knob anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

bladebrew wrote: »
    noticed a lot of cars in ads missing the gear knob,pretty much all jap imports,is this just a security measure?? eg. this glanzaCB4_1044312_8_285177.jpg

there all stroked by the workers delivering them... hence why i can get virtually any one i want, same goes for seats, wheels... steering wheels...

Ahh the joy or replacing parts...

Dont actually need any of them and i dont endorce crime... just hate retail prices... ( i.e 450 quid for a pair of bucket seats ?!?!? )

• Advertisement
Advertisement