Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sidekick In Ireland?

Options
  • 13-10-2008 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Hey there, I am just wondering is it possble to get a Sidekick 2008 from any website beside's E-bay, I asked on other forum's to little help.
    I would love one and I am just wondering if I'll ever get one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

try expansys
    lots of people here have bought many phones from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

metalfest wrote: »
    try expansys
    lots of people here have bought many phones from there
    Wow fast thank you! Unfortunately they don't have T-Mobile.. Anymore suggestions?

lol........ hmmmm there will be around 10 responses by tomorrow...
    is this it
    http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=171211

metalfest wrote: »
    lol........ hmmmm there will be around 10 responses by tomorrow...
    is this it
    http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=171211

No, although it is like it.. It's this.. Nice eh!!
    untitled.jpg

ebay dont seem to be chargin much for it
    ps ****ing beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Wow, this is weird. My brother bought the new sidekick 2008 or gekko as some people call it 2 days ago from ebay. It was problems from day one. You can't unlock the sidekick for some reason he bought a code off ebay and it didnt work so, he got a turbo sim or something like that from ebay, it worked fine. Problems solved? nope.

He went to his contacts and all contacts wore not there, there just full of numbers, the names didnt come up. He entered my name into the phone manually and then I called it from my phone, it came up as 085 and so on.

He came home from work today with an iPhone 1st gen, traded it with a friend.

It's nice phone but, unless you like texts and calls without the names coming up, don't get it.

I haven't seen this phone anywhere in a shop..It must be t-mobile only.

you also cant use internet functions which prob means all 3g abilities.....

It's not 3g at all.

creggy wrote: »
    Wow, this is weird. My brother bought the new sidekick 2008 or gekko as some people call it 2 days ago from ebay. It was problems from day one. You can't unlock the sidekick for some reason he bought a code off ebay and it didnt work so, he got a turbo sim or something like that from ebay, it worked fine. Problems solved? nope.

He went to his contacts and all contacts wore not there, there just full of numbers, the names didnt come up. He entered my name into the phone manually and then I called it from my phone, it came up as 085 and so on.

He came home from work today with an iPhone 1st gen, traded it with a friend.

It's nice phone but, unless you like texts and calls without the names coming up, don't get it.

I haven't seen this phone anywhere in a shop..It must be t-mobile only.

Odd, was the seller trustworthy?
    Maybe it was a manufacturing fault as I cant see how name wouldnt show up unless it was faulty..

Oh and Creggy, Yes I know but I do not use 3g anyway I talk and text and listen to music and take pics. So to me its a perfect phone and yes E-Bay is cheap but im afraid of gettin one and that other poster has showed everyone why haha

Yeah he was trustworthy. My brother risked it, he was hoping it was unlockable. I think thr problem came from the turbosim. Maybe if you can get unlocked proberly if it run fine. But my bro has searched the web through alot of forums about unlocking it and there seems to be no result.

Just looking at this one on here
    Phone comes with an "unlocking" chip device, which unlocks the phone. This chip could be used with other phones that are GSM to unlock them. Chip could be used again and again even if you upgrade to a new GSM phone, even if it's locked. Unlike the other unlocked phones on ebay you do not have to worry about the phone locking because the battery went dead or you took the battery out.

Although this isn't the seller he bought from, it was more or less the same description. Personally, I wouldn't get this phone, not worth the hassle.

• Advertisement

creggy wrote: »
    Yeah he was trustworthy. My brother risked it, he was hoping it was unlockable. I think thr problem came from the turbosim. Maybe if you can get unlocked proberly if it run fine. But my bro has searched the web through alot of forums about unlocking it and there seems to be no result.

Just looking at this one on here

Although this isn't the seller he bought from, it was more or less the same description. Personally, I wouldn't get this phone, not worth the hassle.

Hmm cheers for the info anyway. I'm not decided ill let this topic run for a bit more and hen see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Kinda OT, but imate's latest uberdevice (one of their Ultimate devices) looks like a sidekick in some ways.
    Check out the similarities:
    http://www.itreviews.co.uk/hardware/h1645.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

mkennedy wrote: »
    Kinda OT, but imate's latest uberdevice (one of their Ultimate devices) looks like a sidekick in some ways.
    Check out the similarities:
    http://www.itreviews.co.uk/hardware/h1645.htm
    That is a gorgeous device and far better than the sidekick 2008. It's got wifi, 3g, and a better camera.

But it's a bit pricey.

That is a gorgeous device and far better than the sidekick 2008. It's got wifi, 3g, and a better camera.

But it's a bit pricey.
    Good I suppose although it is pricey and a bit grown up though looks more Business than Casual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Play.com do t-mobile, don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

But it's a bit pricey.

Oh i know- the specs are incomparable between that device and a sidekick.
    But the aesthetic/design is very similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 poast

sidekick lx not unlocked my brother got it on his j1 when he was in new york. Pm if any one's looking for 1. Think isim that unlock's them is only like 10 dollars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ireland999

I am also looking for a sidekick phone in Ireland, I saw one in Jervis Shopping centre during the summer but never got it so i wanted to look online but when I look it up in google it comes up with only American phones for T- Mobile, any suggestions? :)

Advertisement