Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam Cultural Centre in Clonskeagh

• 13-10-2008 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello everyone,

I am a journalism student and I am currently preparing a feature article on Islam in ireland.

I was just wondering if any non-muslims have been to the Islam Cultural Centre in Clonskeagh? Is it open to the general public?

I would appreciate it if anyone out there has any advice to offer...

Many thanks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Yes and I don't know if its part of the cultural centre but the cous cous in the restauraunt is amazing...love the food there.

few years back i even played football with the mosque team and used the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 EmmsH

Hmmm...sounds like it is definately open to the general public, then!!

Thanks for that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭merrionsq

Are the European Council for Fatwa and Research based there? I see their head Al Qaradawi recently described Shia Muslims as heretics. His links with Ireland's largest Mosque don't inspire me with hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jari

hi

yes it's open to everyone who want to visit. just go to administration and they will advise you. they give tour of the mosque. lots non Muslim eat in the restaurant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

EmmsH wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I am a journalism student and I am currently preparing a feature article on Islam in ireland.

I was just wondering if any non-muslims have been to the Islam Cultural Centre in Clonskeagh? Is it open to the general public?

I would appreciate it if anyone out there has any advice to offer...

Many thanks....

Hi
    I did a good bit off work in it and what a building it is and you will have no probs going in nice people aaaaaaaaaaa the food is so good there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It would be a bit of an epic phail of a cultural centre if non-Muslims weren't allowed in, wouldn't it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Yusuf Mirza

There is a Mosqe and Iriah Imam in Galway City if you want to contact him. He is my Imam. I am an Irish convert to Islam also so I can help becouse when Irish people convert then that is the real future in Ireland of Islam.

Yusuf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Abu Shakurah

There is a Mosqe and Iriah Imam in Galway City if you want to contact him. He is my Imam. I am an Irish convert to Islam also so I can help becouse when Irish people convert then that is the real future in Ireland of Islam.

Yusuf

You should be careful - there is a group of Ahmadis in Galway who are NOT Muslim but use the Quran and Hadith to fool people. They have some very weird ideas about their leader Mirza Ghulam Ahmad. They believe he was the Messiah, the Mahdi and a Prophet all rolled into one - they also believe he was Mary and 'metaphorically gave birth to himself as the incarnation of the Messiah. The guy was a crackpot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭merrionsq

You should be careful - there is a group of Ahmadis in Galway who are NOT Muslim but use the Quran and Hadith to fool people. They have some very weird ideas about their leader Mirza Ghulam Ahmad. They believe he was the Messiah, the Mahdi and a Prophet all rolled into one - they also believe he was Mary and 'metaphorically gave birth to himself as the incarnation of the Messiah. The guy was a crackpot.

Since with ireland is a democracy with religious freedom, I think they are entitled to their beliefs. If you say those particular beliefs belong to a crackpot, you also undermine the "miracles" that exist in the other major religions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Yusef Mirza

Please don't drag up old threads, after they have been dormant for a while it is usually better to start a new thread on a topic as old arguments can resurface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

I have moved Yusuf's posts to this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055455781 where he is already involved in the same discussion. I don't want to see any more discussion of Ahmadiyya in any other thread than the one linked to.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

noor tkd master had been banned for ignoring my last request. Anyone else who disregards my request will be banned also.

JazakAllah.

Advertisement