Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Bold

• 13-10-2008 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Thinking about upgrading my phone before Christmas and have my eye on the blackberry bold. Just wondering has anyone used this and if so what do they think of it? It looks a nice phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Would also like to hear peoples opinions.

Does anyone know when this will be available on Vodafone.

ps Im not interested in the storm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Hm...
    Orange UK just cancelled it temporarily due to unspecified issues...dito at&t USA...
    But 2 guys I know in england swear it's the best ever! One of them dumped an e90 and e71 for it, the other one sold his diamond and a tytn II... Can t be bad; but is it worth nearly double the price of an e71 etc???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

strecker wrote: »
    Hm...
    Orange UK just cancelled it temporarily due to unspecified issues...dito at&t USA...

Yeah heard they canceled the phone as it was riddled with bugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I got a Bold two weeks ago Sim free. Using it on O2 here and *touch wood*, so far so good!

Haven't noticed any bugs or issues.
    Best Blackberry I've ever used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Had a look at it in an O2 shop the other day. Software is a major improvement over the previous models; it's much nicer looking and a bit faster. The hardware though, I didn't like. They should have made the screen a bit bigger, especially since they're pushing the media and internet aspect of it. They could have made the top row of keys smaller to accommodate this. Also, it is huge! It's not very comfortable to use in one hand and holding to your face for calls isn't nice either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I think the e71n is so much better to be honest. Typing on the Bold keypad can be a bit of a pain, as it needs two hands whereas the e71(and i have smallish hands) can be held and used in one hand.

Interface and features on the e71 seems much better.

The phone was pulled because there was too many returns on it, and for every phone returned, cost too much to repair (if it was within warranty). Also there was a few bugs, and the original firmware was dodgy, so instead of spending loads of money, they just discontinued it, which was a good decision from what I can see.

The Bold is a nice improvement on previous models though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Hi guys, the bold hasn't launched with o2 uk yet, but i've had a preview of a production unit. Generally quite impressed, interface is fairly straightforward, build quality is solid with a nice leather back on it. In terms of size and dimensions i'm satisfied. Its always going to be a compromise between the technocrats who want megascreen, large keypad etc and the fashionista brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sjg1234

I have a curve and was wondering if the bold is a marked improvment on it. I measured one up against my curve in the o2 shop yesterday and its actually slightly bigger so im a bit suspect. Whats the real differences between the curve and bold? Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

sjg1234 wrote: »
    Whats the real differences between the curve and bold? Thanks guys

Basically the bold has wifi, 3g, a much improved screen and processor. The OS has been updated also. The bold is also bigger in form factor than the curve.

Advertisement