Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car insurance quotes

Options
  • 13-10-2008 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

can anyone recommend some companies / comparison sites for me to get some quotes on.
    particularly for a 22 year old male with a full license, driving 2001 1.4L
    no nonsense and quinn i know are good but any other creative suggestions.
    thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

www.chill.ie compares a few different companies, it's coming in around the same cost as my brokers renewal notice.

www.123.ie came in €200 cheaper for me when I changed earlier this month but I'd be a bit older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Try Britons insurance, they are quite good.
    I m not sure did i spelled it right, but type it google and you ll find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I heard www.nononsense.ie being advertised as well. The best thing to do is take a couple of hours off and sit down with the golden pages and a phone and ring every broker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 crossroads07

i was with quinn when i initially got my car - i was 18 and got a competitive deal for third party but when it was up for renewal i decided to shop around for the craic. Rang AXA and they offered me fully comp with all the trimmings for a little less than my renewal for third party was gonna cost me with quinn!...i'm still with AXA two years later, pretty good customer service and my premium has gone down steadily as my no claims increases. When i got the deal, other companies were almost laughing at me down the phone when i tried to haggle with them on the basis of the AXA deal - disbelief i think!

Oh and they also gave me and AXA plus card which gives me discounts on various things...15 or 20 percent discount in halfords actually, happy days :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

i was with quinn when i initially got my car - i was 18 and got a competitive deal for third party but when it was up for renewal i decided to shop around for the craic. Rang AXA and they offered me fully comp with all the trimmings for a little less than my renewal for third party was gonna cost me with quinn!...i'm still with AXA two years later, pretty good customer service and my premium has gone down steadily as my no claims increases. When i got the deal, other companies were almost laughing at me down the phone when i tried to haggle with them on the basis of the AXA deal - disbelief i think!

Oh and they also gave me and AXA plus card which gives me discounts on various things...15 or 20 percent discount in halfords actually, happy days :D

Yeah, i v got the same benefit from Axa and its really usefull innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

thanks lads.
    lots of good info.

Advertisement