Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"MAGPUL" The Creation.. Dex is bringing sexy back!

Options
  • 13-10-2008 11:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

:D

lol.., its not mine so i'll post here as aposed to the photo's thread, me and dex made this puppy out of parts hes being re mortgaging the house for over the last 6 months., :D I liked it from the begining but after holding the finished product i WANT! and he wont sell it to me., :(

It has a G&G gearbox from the new plastics series installed,
    2935048339_b9a2055aed_o.jpg

2935043055_682f58cf45_b.jpg

2935077699_10e75c863d_o.jpg

2935072107_4c994ce5b9_o.jpg

8mm metal bushings are standard in this G&G gearbox.
    2935069955_466d82ec29_o.jpg

Magpul Reciever,
    2935939650_f2a0700f47_o.jpg

2935926560_e8d4b5f54d_o.jpg

2935933066_655e7fc4aa_o.jpg

2935083737_2a24c5603c_o.jpg

2935081525_d955da14ee_o.jpg

2935074395_ff411eaa72_o.jpg

2935134785_77f3957505_o.jpg
    • G&G 8mm Gearbox
    • G&G High Speed Motor
    • Magpul Reciever
    • Gemtech front end
    • Talon kit
    • Magpul MIAD grip
    • Magpul PMAGs
    • Magpul CTR stock and stock tube

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

<loads the Sexy Back song into the iPod>

It's not fully complete yet, I just ordered another €250 worth of parts for it, all internal though so it will still look the same.
    Recession? Pah, Gucci knows no monetary limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I love that Magpul stock. You should make up custom AEGs and sell them, magpul pimped all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

jeeze that is a nice piece of kit....

vtec, how much was the gearbox...looks very very nice....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

He just bought the whole rifle and took the gearbox out, its from the new budget range of G&G plastic body rifles, i think there about 170-180 squid.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Hard to tell what it fully looks like from richies 'angled' shots :P
    Not a big fan of the two tone thing myself. Would have liked it more if it was all black.. Stock is nice though...

You gonna put a sight on it?

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    He just bought the whole rifle and took the gearbox out, its from the new budget range of G&G plastic body rifles, i think there about 170-180 squid.,

What a waste...

Doomofman wrote: »
    What a waste...

actually IMHO its quite smart, G&G gearboxes alone on wgc etc is around that, so he he a load of spare parts as well...

vtec, did it come with metal bushings as standard :eek: (answered -- yes!) or is that your handy work?

edit: sorry just saw your text...jesus thats good value

Doomofman wrote: »
    What a waste...

Not when your building something custom that nobody else has.,

vtec wrote: »
    Not when your building something custom that nobody else has.,

I guess... Still as a moniless noob such as myself when I see someone buying a whole rifle just for one part its like.. arghhhhh i hate you... :p

was it this one or is there some other 'plastic series'?

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=23935

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure there are 5 or 6 in the plastic range

Nope, havent seen that before, i think thats some cheapo line or something, its only 260fps.
    this one is a proper high end in a blastic body, i think this is it.,
    http://b2b.guay2.com/eng_our_product/gr16_carbine_p.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Very nice.

More pics please :)

vtec, did it come with metal bushings as standard :eek: (answered -- yes!) or is that your handy work?

sorry, i missed that earlier, yep it came with those bushings as standard, I actually didnt change a thing in it, just opened it to have a nosey at what it was like., :D
    they did a really good job of shimming it too.,

Given that I had intended to buy the G&G CQBR for the gearbox anyway, getting the Plastica series 'box saved me a hundred smackers. The only two things I'm doing with the gearbox is hunting 8mm bearings down, and possibly a metal piston head. Given the current ROF I'm getting, I'm just being finnicky (read: Gucci) by doing that. But screw it, I've shelled out this much for it so far, another 30 bucks isn't going to make matters much worse on the balance sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

Nice :)

That stock's the next Mod I had in mind for my PTW (along with a rake of other things).

Good luck with the modification. Can't wait to see it in play :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Very nice:D

Moar pics please

NakedDex wrote: »
    Given that I had intended to buy the G&G CQBR for the gearbox anyway, getting the Plastica series 'box saved me a hundred smackers. The only two things I'm doing with the gearbox is hunting 8mm bearings down, and possibly a metal piston head. Given the current ROF I'm getting, I'm just being finnicky (read: Gucci) by doing that. But screw it, I've shelled out this much for it so far, another 30 bucks isn't going to make matters much worse on the balance sheet.

where did you get the plastica one dex...just curious it seems great value. one of them even with a metal body would work out quite cheap.

did the hop in the pictures come with it as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

NakedDex wrote: »
    The only two things I'm doing with the gearbox is hunting 8mm bearings down, and possibly a metal piston head.

If your splashing out - Get Kanzen Ceramic bearings (Fire-Support do them IIRC), if not the chinese/Element ones are pretty decent. Keep the plastic one or get a Prommy POM piston head, unless your just wanting noise, because it'll just cause unnecessary stress to the front of the V2 which will break eventually :D.

where did you get the plastica one dex...just curious it seems great value. one of them even with a metal body would work out quite cheap.

did the hop in the pictures come with it as well??

When I was in on Saturday, Richie and I were curious about how nifty the internals were on these new G&G Plastica M4's so we opened one up. The damn thing is as good as identical to the one in the CQBR. I got a tad excited and said something a little cliché like "F*** it, let's build it". All the hardware from the donor Plastica M4, like mag release, charging handle etc, were used on the Magpul receiver.

It saved me 100 notes on buying the CQBR, and I'm happier with it than I would have been with the Systema.

Oh and yeah, the hop did come with it. It used to be a complete rifle.

I'm already buying another one for use in another custom job. You just can't beat the value. As you say, stick a metal body on her and she's as good as any of her ~€350 cousins.
    Beast ASI wrote: »
    If your splashing out - Get Kanzen Ceramic bearings (Fire-Support do them IIRC), if not the chinese/Element ones are pretty decent. Keep the plastic one or get a Prommy POM piston head, unless your just wanting noise, because it'll just cause unnecessary stress to the front of the V2 which will break eventually :D.

Noise is always good, but I want performance over effect. The piston is fine really, I figured I might just investigate and see if there is a better one than the stock one. If there isn't, then I'm not upgrading just for the sake of it.

Nice one on the bearings though.
    <Runs off at a sprint, drawing a credit card out of a holster>

• Advertisement

Mmm, ceramics. Want.

And...

Ordered.

Spank you for your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Fantastic job there Dex and Vtec! I want....:eek:
    :):):)

Is this actually going to get used dex?

Once it's finished (still awaiting a couple of internal parts) it'll be taking over duties as my go-to assault rifle when I'm not using my SR25. My current loadout of the SR25 and a pistol will remain my primary selection for most terrains.

Given that, with the stock collapsed, it's smaller than an MP5, it's likely I'll bring it along now and then just for some variety, since it takes up very little space.

Should bring it to the warehouse at some point an try shoot me with it :D

And I assume you mean a fixed stock mp5.. like the a2

Collapsed, it's the same size as an A3 sliding retractable stock MP5. Give or take an inch.

Wow that's pretty small.. I expected M4 size... Is the body not an M4 body? And are the aesthetics completed in the final pic there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

I like the new toy there NakedDex. Nice stock but a UBR stock would be sooo much nicer on it :D

Where's the battery going? PEQ, ReadyMag or LiPo in the stock tube?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I like the new toy there NakedDex. Nice stock but a UBR stock would be sooo much nicer on it :D

Where's the battery going? PEQ, ReadyMag or LiPo in the stock tube?

From his comments on IRC the stock tube wont do it, 10cm's only. Might have to go with a readymag, real pitty.

Advertisement