Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"MAGPUL" The Creation.. Dex is bringing sexy back!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

how much would it cost for you to mkae me somthing simular to this maybe a bit bigger about m4 size

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I like the new toy there NakedDex. Nice stock but a UBR stock would be sooo much nicer on it :D

Where's the battery going? PEQ, ReadyMag or LiPo in the stock tube?

I'm going to come right out and say something controversial. I'm not a big fan of the UBR stock. I think Magpul made the wrong call discontinuing the M93b stock. It's probably comfortable and everything, but I'm not gone on how it looks.
    That said, I will probably get one in the future. I also have designs on a PRS stock.

The battery is going in the stock tube alright. I'm going to put the tube in a lathe and mill out the internal diameter a bit. Also going to weld the retention screw plate into position a bit further back, should give me an extra 30mm or so to play with. Plenty of room to fit in an 11.1v Lipo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

NakedDex wrote: »
    I'm going to come right out and say something controversial. I'm not a big fan of the UBR stock.
    Are you some sort of commie?:pac::D;)

In general people think UBR stands for Utility Battle Rifle when in fact its 'txt speak' for Über, because its an über stock! :pac::pac::pac: I'd have one myself except I've my battery (non lipo) in a hacked Vltor EMOD stock, and I didn't want to explain to my big Bro in NY why I wanted him to get me a rifle stock :o
    I think Magpul made the wrong call discontinuing the M93b stock.
    They are nasty looking things, always reminds of those overly complicated machines for killing James Bond that never work!

Edit: Oh and congrats on getting a mechbox to fit in the Magpul receiver. They're a thing of beauty aren't they.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Nice work lads. Looks the mutts proverbials.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

-1 Gucci Factor:
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=25461

Redwolf have just cloned the "Dex"

[And before you have a hissy fit, I know you got magpul parts ect.]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

-1 Gucci Factor:
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=25461

Redwolf have just cloned the "Dex"

[And before you have a hissy fit, I know you got magpul parts ect.]

Ugh....that tan body and the patriot kit don't go together well......I think the

Talon kit Dex used looks much better as a front end on the Magpul

body...just suits it...I've nothing against patriots though...I'm having one

made as we speak :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Aye, that's a Patriot, not a Talon. Patriots don't look quite right with a stock piece. They're designed not to have a stock, or have a skeletal M231 style stock at the most.
    The trick to making loads of custom bits work together is not to overdo things. Having a tan receiver, tan with a tan mag looks a bit, I don't know, off. Also, there's nothing to tie the receiver being that colour to anything else on the rifle. If that had a ras kit rather than a talon, you could put tan grips to bring the colour forward. As it is, it looks unfinished somehow, like the Patriot idea was an afterthought.

If I was doing that exact custom, I'd probably have used a black upper receiver, tan CTR stock, black MIAD, and black PMags with tan Ranger Plates then have the knock-down flash hider powder coated tan to match the tone of the body. Maybe add an M2 Aimpoint with a tan Armour-Coat if optics are wanted.
    But maybe I see things differently to how others would want them, that might be someone's cup of tea, but I'd go for my version (obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

<loads the Sexy Back song into the iPod>

Sweet baby jesus of Nazeruth, I haven't been on in a while and i log back and see this, jesus man well done, one of the best looking armalites ever

Advertisement