Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone insurance ???

Options
  • 13-10-2008 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I have just been checking my transactions and there is a direct debit from my account worth 34.99 from homecare insurance. I googled homecare and it turns out that its the meteor phone insurance.

4 years ago, i bought an expensive phone and filled in the insurance form that was with the phone, using direct debit, and sent it off. A few months later, i realised i never received anything back from them with the policy number and what not for my own reference. I rang them and they said they never received anything from me. I then tried to insure it over the phone but i had to send the receipt which was sent already in the post with the first insurance form. So i left it.

So 4 years later i realise that they must have received it and been taking 35euros out of my account on a yearly basis.

What do i do? I have lost the number (but not the phone-though it is fcuked).

How do i go about cancelling something (or claiming for a new phone) when i have no policy number. I can be anyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Contact Meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Hi lisajane -

I'm having the same problem - Homecare Insurance have been taking a fiver a month off me since 2001! I just called a number I found in an old post on boards.ie, it is 1800 409 472.
    The woman on the phone was helpful - she found me in the system and cancelled my policy. I'm pretty annoyed as I checked with 02 and I don't even have insurance on my phone, yet I've been paying for it all this time.
    I was told I could write to the Complaints Dept, which I'm going to do. If you want the address PM me.

Advertisement