Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Up, do i have to register as self-employed?

Options
  • 13-10-2008 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

In the next week I hope to start selling Renewable Energy Products direct to Installers and householders. I currently have a full time job also. The difference between Wholesale price and retail price is mine to take home.

Do I need to open up a 'business' bank account, or register for tax, or register as self-employed? I will be earning around 20,000euro from this per year, its only on the side to my main job.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Snowdrop

You will need to register a business name with cro.ie if not trading under, your own name, register with revenue as a sole trader and register for VAT if your sales are likely to reach the threshold which is generally €75k in a 12 month period.

It would be better to open a separate bank account for all your business transactions.

Advertisement