Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Visit

• 13-10-2008 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi,

I would like to know if your first visit to the hospital was at 16 weeks of pregnancy or before.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Is it your first pregnany?

Usually its 12 weeks I thought but might be later with additional pregnancies usually a GP appointment can replace a hospital visit in later cases.

I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭spupazza

Yes, it is my first pregnancy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Mine was at about 14 weeks.
    Did you book really late?
    Public I presume?
    Combined care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My first hospital visit in the Rotunda (public) was at 19w4d. I made the appointment when I was 7w pregnant.

I paid for a private scan at 13w to settle my mind, cost €100 in the RCSI unit in the Rotunda Hospital.

I think to make public, combined care, and I haven't still book the hospital. I'm at my 7th week and , because I was in Italy when I discovered to be pregnant, I did there my first scan.

So, the first visit depends on how long before you book the visit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Book asap

No it also depends on the hospital and whether you are semi private,private or public.
    I booked when I was 6 weeks pregnant and they were already busy for around the time of my due date.

Thanks girls, you're very helpful.
    Tomorrow I'll book or at the Rotunda or at the National Maternity Hospital.
    What do you suggest me to choose?

Thanks again.

Depends on where you live really! I picked the Rotunda because I live on the Northside and wouldn't like to be making a mad dash to the southside in rush hour traffic if I went into labour!

I live in Swords, so the Rotunda would be ok for me for the location. But is it good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

All my research pointed to the rotunda being the best in Dublin. Most hygienic too. Read more here

My first appointment was at 17 weeks ( combined care ) and I am semi-private. Phone without delay.

• Advertisement

Hi Grawns,

how much do you pay for combined care at the Rotunda in semi-private?

I picke NMH/Holles St cause it is the nearest to work,I knew where it was and I was born there!

Semi private costs depend on who your health insurance is with.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I picke NMH/Holles St cause it is the nearest to work,I knew where it was and I was born there!

Semi private costs depend on who your health insurance is with.

I don't have any health insurance..would it cost a lot to me semi-private?

Forget semi-private or private if you don't have health insurance. You's be paying thousands. Go public it's more than fine.

Grawns wrote: »
    All my research pointed to the rotunda being the best in Dublin. Most hygienic too. Read more here.

Also I was born there and it's the nearest to me and it's not catholic so you can get ante-natal testing ( amniocenthesis etc.) done on-site which was of interest to me.

The only hospital I've heard bad stuff from is the coombe ( but I've also heard the staff are wonderful there.)

Thank you very much to all of you.
    I'll book to the Rotunda.

Thanks again.:)

No problem and good look with your pregnancy:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

If you live in Swords and have a car you might want to try OLOL Drigheda aswell. The Dublin maternity hospitals are very busy, a friend of mine (who also lives in Swords) was offered an appointment after 20 weeks in Dublin, but around 14 weeks in OLOL.

Hope this helps.

It's hit and miss with hospitals in Dublin.

My first appointment with the Rotunda was at 20 weeks. I had booked at 7 weeks pregnant.

I rang the Coombe and they gave me an appt at exactly 12 weeks.

I decided in the long run the Rotunda would be better because it was closer to home and paid for a private scan at 12 weeks at a cost of €100.

Advertisement