Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 09-Most memorable matches

• 13-10-2008 12:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Having played Fifa 09 for a week, I have come across the odd player who pride themselves in taking the last man out at every opportunity. I feckin hate this tactic.

So cue a game Saturday night. Went down 2-0 early against a good Chelsea player. He was completely OTT with his sarcastic running commentary. Every time I got a player 1-on-1 vs his keeper, I get taken out of it by a defender from behind. Eventually, I scored 2 in the last 9 minutes and beat him with a 25-yard Rooney screamer in extra tiime (shhhhhh!!!!!!!!). Very very sweet indeed.

Anyone else have some nice stories where you beat an annoying twit?

Taking out the last man in Fifa 09... 4 votes

I have no problems with it-do it myself!
    0% 0 votes
    Terribly annoying...shoot the blaggards!
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

I have to say, I don't do it regurlary but have done it before, generally its a waste of time unless its very last minute, because with a man down the other person, unless they are completly useless will come back and win as you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Fair play all the way for me!

Unless the guy i'm playing is an absolute assbag, then i might make an exception! I don't have the headset on unless i'm playing friends so i can't hear whatever they are rabbiting on about most of the time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Have never played it online so never had this issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

YES!
    I won a game in the last minute against a chap who was far better than me.

I fired a through ball to Tevez... one and one with the keeper, I spotted him on the radar coming off his line, I chipped him from a good bit outside of the box. I won the game and got achievement points for a Screamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

My most memorable match was offline, about my 5th match after getting the game. I was playing as Atletico Madrid, and I got 64 (or 68g - or some crazy number) for one goal.

It was a bicycle kick(achievement 1) (which apparently also counted as a volley(achievement 2)), from a cross (achievement 3) in the last minute (achievement 4).

Early in the game I had scored a chip (achievement 1) that hit the post and went in (achievement 2).

4 achievements with one goal, 6 achievements with 2 goals, and all of them without actually knowing what the achievements were. Best game ever!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    My most memorable match was offline, about my 5th match after getting the game. I was playing as Atletico Madrid, and I got 64 (or 68g - or some crazy number) for one goal.

It was a bicycle kick(achievement 1) (which apparently also counted as a volley(achievement 2)), from a cross (achievement 3) in the last minute (achievement 4).

Early in the game I had scored a chip (achievement 1) that hit the post and went in (achievement 2).

4 achievements with one goal, 6 achievements with 2 goals, and all of them without actually knowing what the achievements were. Best game ever!!! :pac:

Sweet!

How do you do bicycle kicks anyway? I've tried a few times, must be miss timing them or something.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Sweet!

How do you do bicycle kicks anyway? I've tried a few times, must be miss timing them or something.....

Good question, the ball was behind Aguero, so i guess that was the only way he could get a shot off like I had pressed. No real method really, nothing special, just the ball has to be in the right position in relation to the player, and I guess it helps if the player is skillful too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Have had a few. Was on a 12 match winning streak on ranked games online.

Was playing a lad who was in the top 1000. He was Liverpool, I was Villa.

90 minutes in. I'm one down. He's been keeping the ball constantly. Not attacking. Finally get it off him, run down the wing with Agbonlahor, cross it in. Drops between to defenders onto lil man Ashley Young's head and I equalise:D

He crumbled after that and quit at half time of extra time because I was 4-1 up:pac:

Advertisement