Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bit under the Front bumper for '99 VW Bora

Options
  • 13-10-2008 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Howdee,

Just wondering where I could find the black plastic bit that's attached under the front bumper. It's black plastic, with what look like air type vents on it. I split my own one , hit it off a kerb. It's not a major drama, but will have to get one eventually. A scrap yard?
    If so, anyone know one around Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

not sure where you would get one, id say a breakers yard. But they are a disaster! i have a bora and i have to be so careful when parking, its so low down every curb seems to hit it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I am not familiar with the part in question but I would try Bob Sweeney in Castleconnell, its a big scrap yard and has a lot of cars out there.

Directions:
    Drive out to Daly's Cross from town and take the left turn in Daly's Cross. Continue out that road for about 1 mile maybe a little under, you will then drive under a railway bridge and just after this take the first right turn. Drive up this road (quite narrow so take it handy) and he is a couple of hundred yards up on the right hand side (big sign).

Bob Sweeney,TA Auto Towing Coolready, Castleconnell, Co. Limerick,
    Contact Details Tel: 061-377496, 087-2564408, Fax: 061-377373

You could also try Longs scrap yard. They are out the ballyneety road a small bit after the four Elms on the right hand side.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Hi,

I had a bora a few years ago and the same thing happened. Its called a front spoiler if i remember. Got a brand new one delivered from micksgarage.ie for around €50 if i remember. Give them a call, easy to fit also

s_gr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

Cool stuff. Thanks lads. I'm only in the road from C'Connell so will give em a shout, else I'll check out micks garage..

actually i just looked at micks garage and google images, and im not sure if it is a front spoiler i need. basically the car is standard, so you have the front navy bumper (car is navy) and under that you have a black plastic bit attached below the bumper but fits all the way round...

is this a front spoiler? google images gives a different result, all modified boras with fancy front ends....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Also refered to as Front Splitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I got my friend one in Limerick for 19.00 incl vat on monday for his birthday (:P)... If you want the details drop me a pm, it's new as well.

Pmed. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I think the part number of what you're looking for is 1J5 805 903 B B41 (part number 7 below) below. Ring around a few dealers to price it and see if they stock it - I'm sure they do as these things are frequently getting snagged by kerbs and speed ramps. I've lost count of how many times the wife has dislodged it :rolleyes:

807000oe1.png

Advertisement