Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joiku / WalkingHotspot / something else?

• 13-10-2008 1:25pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been using WalkingHotspot for a while on my phone to get interweb access for the laptop when out and about, seems that they are now going to start charging $25 a year for using it though. Think it was a free beta version that I must have had before. I've seen mention of Joiku previously which looks to be available for €15, but wondering if anyone has used that successfully before and if it's as good as the WalkingHotspot application. Or even better if there is another cheaper/ free application that would do the same thing that anyone has come across?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Joiku is free and works well. Don't bother with the premium version. Joiku is for Symbian S60 phones by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Yep, find the free version of joiku sufficient.
    Alternatively, you can buy one of the new wm phones, that have the wifi host feature built in (forgot which :P ... )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Excellent, didn't realise that there was a free version of Joiku actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Have used joiku quite a bit. Tis defo up to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Joiku free is fine web browsing. Serves you a landing page each time you connect. No good for mail though. You need premium for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

If you have used Walkinghotspot in the past you should have gotten an email with a special beta tester offer of a lifetime licence for 9.99 USD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

quintron wrote: »
    Joiku free is fine web browsing. Serves you a landing page each time you connect. No good for mail though. You need premium for that.

You mean pop and imap? Yes, for non-port 80 services, you need the premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

flodis79 wrote: »
    You mean pop and imap? Yes, for non-port 80 services, you need the premium.
    Yes pop/imap. Gmail and all web based mail is fine.

Advertisement