Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ovulation Predictor Kits any good?

Options
  • 13-10-2008 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hello! I'm 33 & this month I bought an ovulation Predictor kit to pinpoint my fertile days. I have been off the pill for 2 years now & we tried back 2 years ago to concieve for about 4 months, but it was all very casual & a "let's just see if it happens" kind of effort. We don't make love much anyway & needless to say, it (preg) never happened

Considering our seldom "tumbles" Now I would like to optimise my chances this time so that if it's a thing that we fail over the next 6 mths with these kits we can start looking to outside help.
    Has anyone had any experience with these kits/ concieved with them? I'm on day 12 of a 25 day cycle & have detected no ovulation so far. (my periods are consistent)
    Apparantely if you ovulate 10 days or less prior to your next period there's a luteal defect. A fertilised egg will not get sufficient time to remain implanted..

I hope I get a positive ovulation result in the next day/2.. according to all the bodily signs of ovulation I tend to notice them quite close to my period. I have a strange feeling I could have a short luteal phase..ie time between ovulation & following period which is about 12-16 days for most women

I get all the ovulating Signs less than a week before day one!

Anyway...hands up who has had any luck with OPK's or even if no luck did it lead to the pursuit of further testing on fertility?
    Any experience would be grrrrrreat! Thanks

Advertisement