Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mystery tour

Options
  • 13-10-2008 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

hey all,

does the €25 cover entry to the night clubs as well?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Course it does. Would be way too expensive if not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

Mushy wrote: »
    Course it does. Would be way too expensive if not!

Its back? Wasn that cancelled the last two years in a row?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

yeh its on thurday the 23rd of october (well hopefully it will be)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

dhaddock wrote: »
    yeh its on thurday the 23rd of october (well hopefully it will be)

I wouldn't bet on it going ahead, particularly if word spreads about that training weekend, the bus crowd could pull out.

Hope it goes ahead though, the stories of old are great

DaveyGem wrote: »
    Its back? Wasn that cancelled the last two years in a row?

Went on it last year myself. Really doubt it'd be cancelled. And yes, it is going to clubs. How do I know? Well, on the posters, it specifically says 3 Clubs:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

where has the mystery tour ended up in the past? ever scotland? i heard of one that went there once!

milly4ever wrote: »
    where has the mystery tour ended up in the past? ever scotland? i heard of one that went there once!

Last year we got Portmarnock, athboy(Meah, I think) and Dundalk(Louth). So yeah, I'm saving my €25...cant even drink on the bus and prices were a rip off in the clubs. Everyone ended up in Dunnes buying drink to have down on thebeach rather than staying within the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭Alkers

First club last year was a joke, no-one was allowed bring drink onto the bus but they were only checking this when leaving UCD. Just wait for the first club, go outside, nearest offo, drink in a park/field whatever and bring drink back on the bus on the way to the 2nd club...

Simona1986 wrote: »
    First club last year was a joke, no-one was allowed bring drink onto the bus but they were only checking this when leaving UCD. Just wait for the first club, go outside, nearest offo, drink in a park/field whatever and bring drink back on the bus on the way to the 2nd club...

now that is the kind of wisdom i wanna hear! anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

This is def going ahead, all safety plans in place and the contracts are all signed! Also there is is drinks promos in place this yr :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭Alkers

now that is the kind of wisdom i wanna hear! anything else?
    Ha, eh, don't bring ANYTHING with you that you won't need. You're normally allowed to leave valuables etc on the bus when you go to clubs but you never end up back on the same bus again, mainly because you don't know which bus you came on ;)
    99% of people are completely destroyed when the time to get on the last bus home comes so if you're still partying, going on the early busses to leave generally pisses people off. If you're still having fun, stay 'till the last buz, normally the most fun.
    If I go on this mystery tour it will be my 5th with UCD...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Do some people go on this by themselves? I'd be interested in going but the people I know are all working on essays and probably won't be free for it.

I'd love to do one of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

If you dont know anyone willing to go with you then chances are you arent the type of person who'll enjoy it, I'd wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Blut wrote: »
    If you dont know anyone willing to go with you then chances are you arent the type of person who'll enjoy it, I'd wager.

The people I know who'd be willing to go to it I'm pretty sure won't be able to. I don't see how that reflects on my enjoyment of something. Thanks anyway though for your assessment on my personality Dr Phil. :rolleyes:

is this for ucd students only yeh? do they check student cards or something?

is this for ucd students only yeh? do they check student cards or something?

Yeah they check student cards before getting on bus at start. Well, they supposed to anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

i went on a few mystery tours and drink was allowed on the bus- that is so rough not being allowed to drink on the journey. otherwise it would feel like you were going on a school trip! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

it will be...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

zap wrote: »
    it will be...
    You dont think its unwise for you to put in writing something that contravenes your own safety plan for the event?

To be frank, I think its bad form. If you lie on your safety/event* plan, and your caught, then it will only impact negatively on future SU and society events. I hope the whole thing goes off without a hitch; but you're a moron for putting the above in writing.

*Not sure the correct name

**Its always been this boards policy for SU figures in the interest of transparency to declare their position when posting about SU topics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

You dont think its unwise for you to put in writing something that contravenes your own safety plan for the event?
    Or, does Zap mean that it will be... like going on a school trip?

Y'know, it is actually possible to have a good time without getting lagered up on the way... even better, you might remember it. Archaic concept, I know, but it has been done. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

milly4ever wrote: »
    i went on a few mystery tours and drink was allowed on the bus- that is so rough not being allowed to drink on the journey. otherwise it would feel like you were going on a school trip! :pac:
    zap wrote: »
    it will be...

I think it's very clear what Zap meant to be honest.

I wonder what would happen if someone were to contact the staff member attached to this and let them now how the organisers feel on the event plan they submitted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

bnt wrote: »
    Y'know, it is actually possible to have a good time without getting lagered up on the way...

wut?

Advertisement