Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father Mick!

Options
  • 13-10-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Father Mick walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside.
    He then noticed there was a jackass lying dead in the middle of his front lawn.

He promptly called the local Garda station. The conversation went like this:

"Good morning. This is Sergeant O'Grady. How might I help you?"
    " And the best of the day te yerself. This is Father Mick at St. Brigid's . There's a jackass lying dead in me front lawn. Would ye be so kind as to send a couple o' yer lads to take care of the matter ?"

Sergeant O'Grady, considersing himself to be quite a wit, replied with a smirk. " Well now father, it was always my impression that you people took care of last rites ! "

There was dead silence on the line for a long moment.

FATHER MICK THEN REPLIED: "AYE THAT'S CERTAINLY TRUE, BUT WE ARE ALSO OBLIGED TO NOTIFY THE NEXT OF KIN "

Advertisement