Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Solid Gold Returns

Options
  • 13-10-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

I see BOI are offering 5.26 AER and 8% over 18 months this scheme.
    I have a special bonus savings account and it's only offer 3.75%. Is this one of the best offers out there at the moment?

Comments

If it's a Fixed Term Deposit you are after, there is a very useful list of what is available here http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=36883

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Gel wrote: »
    I see BOI are offering 5.26 AER and 8% over 18 months this scheme.
    I have a special bonus savings account and it's only offer 3.75%. Is this one of the best offers out there at the moment?

Are you doing the SBSA as a regular savings or did you put your SSIA lump sum into it? BOI have an 'Easysaver', same deal as the SBSA, you pay into it by DD and it's 7.5%. Only difference is you are restricted to 4 withdrawals a year, as opposed to the unlimited withdrawals from the SBSA. A lot of people who have the SBSA that has matured, are setting up an Easysaver for regular savings, and then putting the lump they saved into the 18 month bond.

The 18 month bond is a good scheme, and is proving very popular. I'm on the customer service desk in my branch and the majority of savings related enquiries are about the 18 month bond. You've also got access to 10% of it in the first year and 10% again in the second year without a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

Was in PTSB last week and picked up a leaflet offering 10% over 20 months - gross interest 5.89%AER minimum deposit of €10,000. Don't know if it's still available and whether this would be better.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

maxim wrote: »
    Was in PTSB last week and picked up a leaflet offering 10% over 20 months - gross interest 5.89%AER minimum deposit of €10,000. Don't know if it's still available and whether this would be better.

That's a good offer alright!!! Man I wish I had €10,000. BOI's minimum is €3000, can't even afford that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

I have always felt that if banks were to offer their rates on demand without any specific term they would take so much more money in. There are so many people who have their money tied up in deposit/current accounts earning little or no interest as they don't won't to tie themeselves into a fixed term...in case they need the money at short notice....(big earner for the banks)...

• Advertisement
Advertisement