Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeding Turtles

Options
  • 13-10-2008 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi!

My work have just bought 2 turtles and i'm just wondering what is the best food for them? Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cbond

What type of Turtles are they ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fi500

They are yellow bellied map turtles, only about 8 weeks old.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Make sure they have a uva and b light and feed them turtle food, its usually full of shrimps etc..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

You can buy Tesco Brand frozen prawns and feed them one or two of those in addition to their own food. I'd also recommend feeding them in a sink rather than their tank because it messes it up ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fi500

Thanks for the replies. They are currently getting fed dried shrimp which is specially for turtles but i thought they might need fruit/veg as well? Also, how often do they eat? One of them is eating every day but the other hasnt eaten since he was purchased (on Saturday).

They have been set up with a lamp and spend the whole time basking under it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

fi500: the definitive site on all things chelonian:
    http://www.tortoisetrust.org/care/care.html

Compulsive reading.

Advertisement