Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANNA BE IN A NEW BOYBAND?

Options
  • 13-10-2008 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

if anyone wants (or knows somebody who wants) to start a new boyband - i hate that term but what else can i call it? - please contact me at this e-mail address aramis144@live.com

the idea came to me when i saw JLS on x factor. those guys are awesome. plus the likes of westlife and take that are still going so there's still a market for it (should i ever get that far :S)

i'd really like to do something like the x factor but, even though i'm told i'm a talented singer, i'd really feel much stronger and more confident in a group, and it would be great to get a real good band together. so if you or someone you know would like the same thing, please get in touch.

for those who would be willing to practice often, i live on the north side of dublin, so the closer the better i suppose, but even if you live way down the country, please still get in contact if you are interested

thanks,

a144

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Please don't go the boyband route, there's enough of them as it is and none of them are any good. Its just glorified karaoke with posers at the end of the day.

If you can really sing, why not try getting a real band together?

Okey dokey. 2 infractions handed out. Any more unuseful replies/personal abuse, will result in an instant ban for one month. You have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I cant sing! I cant dance! I love punching cameramen! Was bullied as a kid but now im over all that!! Some people think im gay(Im not I swear)!! I used to busk on Grafton Street!! Ive had crappy jobs as.. oh i dunno... cleaning mcdonalds toilets!! But girls love my body and the auld wans love my youthful face looks like im a suitable candidate for the band!!

Where do i sign? Dont bother with the small print im illiterate!

I cant sing! I cant dance! I love punching cameramen! Was bullied as a kid but now im over all that!! Some people think im gay(Im not I swear)!! I used to busk on Grafton Street!! Ive had crappy jobs as.. oh i dunno... cleaning mcdonalds toilets!! But girls love my body and the auld wans love my youthful face looks like im a suitable candidate for the band!!

Where do i sign? Dont bother with the small print im illiterate!

Banned for one month for trolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 nellie24

Hi,

Listen if that is the route you want to go down, then go for it....it is hard, but at least you will have tried.

You can call it a "male vocal group" haha...sounds better anyway.

I do have one bit of advise, please really think about the x factor before you do it...I auditioned this year with a group, and we had two days in england of auditions with producers, then we had to wait 2 weeks, then we were called to london to meet the judges, and we were in and out in 5 mins, after waiting around for 12 hrs. It was fun and good experience, but it was very hard and stressful, and we did not last that long after that, we pretty much let those judges decide our career, although we didnt get bad feedback, we didnt get really anything from them. We found out a few weeks later before the show was aired, that Mr Walsh had plans in motion for his OWN girlband, so we hadnt a hope anyway, and also it is so fake, everything you see on the show is pre rehearsed. We were there the same days as jls, and they were vg, but they called all the air time, and the interviews etc, it was all fixed before the show even started.
    Sorry for going on, just wanted you to be fully aware of what goes on there.

But do give it a shot and see how you get on okay, best of luck.

xx

:)

a144 wrote: »
    if anyone wants (or knows somebody who wants) to start a new boyband - i hate that term but what else can i call it? - please contact me at this e-mail address aramis144@live.com

the idea came to me when i saw JLS on x factor. those guys are awesome. plus the likes of westlife and take that are still going so there's still a market for it (should i ever get that far :S)

i'd really like to do something like the x factor but, even though i'm told i'm a talented singer, i'd really feel much stronger and more confident in a group, and it would be great to get a real good band together. so if you or someone you know would like the same thing, please get in touch.

for those who would be willing to practice often, i live on the north side of dublin, so the closer the better i suppose, but even if you live way down the country, please still get in contact if you are interested

thanks,

a144

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

What is it you do that you do well?

I'm not suggesting kill your dreams of an n-sync tribute band here, but if you can sing and sing well why not try another type of band?

I'm a musician/singer/songwriter and advisor of a sort, perhaps I can help, but I'm not interested in all image and no substance if you know what I mean? What can you sing?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

I''m not interested in joining, but if you need someone to write you some catchy songs, give me a shout! Always good to have new, original material rather than covers :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

**** no lol

can eventually get to see why i got banned for a month!!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

can eventually get to see why i got banned for a month!!

damn i'm sorry if u got banned for my comment

• Advertisement

rgjmce wrote: »
    damn i'm sorry if u got banned for my comment

no0 i got banned for my comment... ah well.. hwo goes the esrch anyway did u find a band?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 a144

DerKaiser wrote: »
    What is it you do that you do well?

I'm not suggesting kill your dreams of an n-sync tribute band here, but if you can sing and sing well why not try another type of band?

I'm a musician/singer/songwriter and advisor of a sort, perhaps I can help, but I'm not interested in all image and no substance if you know what I mean? What can you sing?
    hi
    sorry it's taken me so long to reply. kinda gave up hope there for a bit.
    i am a good singer, not just image.
    u interested in joining? where u from

• Registered Users Posts: 8 markn500

hi my name is mark me and my 2 mates are putting a boy band together and we need 1 more singer would u be interested in joining us i am 17 and my mate rex is 20 and craig is 19 so let me know my email is markn500@live.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

markn500 please be aware that the last post before yours is from over two years ago. I'd say the pop group has been setup in that time. If you are serious about forming a pop group please create a new thread of your own on this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement