Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Broaband and Digital to work simultaneously.

Options
  • 13-10-2008 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,

First of all, apologies if this thread is in the wrong place, feel free to move it!!

Got NTL Broadband in there a while ago and have the modem/router installed up in the bedroom (have a tv point in there). Now, what i want to do is to bring the NTL Digital box up to the room too, so i can watch telly up there, without interrupting the interweb for the others living in the house.

I got one of those little 'Y' joints, which basically splits the cable- one going to the modem/router and the other going to the digital box.

When I have both on together, only the TV works- internet doesn't. However, when connected on their own, both internet and digital work perfectly. Any ideas would be very much appreciated! Do I need some sort of a booster device for both to work?

Hope I've explained myself well enough :o. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

i had a tv point in another room already. i just plugged in the modem with no splitter and it works fine, in fact its a lot quicker than it was when i used the splitter from ntl.

thats not to say it will work fine for you though, but might be worth trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

Cheers for the replies- much appreciated.

I think I have the 'F' cable mentioned above- the screw in one? (Can't access link in work to see!). The only place I have a joint of the 'push-on' or coaxial type is actually on the digibox itself- and this cable is screwed onto the splitter using one of those 'F' joints at the other end. And, as mentioned, digital works fine- just the broadband that's the problem.

Also, Chris, I've only got the one TV point upstairs and need it for the broadband, as that's how NTL supply it (not sure if I mentioned that previously!).

Any more tips greatly appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

Cheers for the replies- much appreciated.

I think I have the 'F' cable mentioned above- the screw in one? (Can't access link in work to see!). The only place I have a joint of the 'push-on' or coaxial type is actually on the digibox itself- and this cable is screwed onto the splitter using one of those 'F' joints at the other end. And, as mentioned, digital works fine- just the broadband that's the problem.

Also, Chris, I've only got the one TV point upstairs and need it for the broadband, as that's how NTL supply it (not sure if I mentioned that previously!).

Any more tips greatly appreciated!

sorry mate completely read your post wrong (late shift last night). yeah you need that connection in the link. thatll do the job

Advertisement