Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer online and WOW?

Options
  • 13-10-2008 2:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok ive been playing wow since it was released.
    Ive quit a few times like summer months etc but always came back.
    I quit for LOTRO and AOC but came back.
    Ive cancelled my subs again since WAR OB.
    Im loving war its fantastic in so many ways but i do admit to missing WOWs pve,i miss instances,dungeons and raiding bigtime.
    What i dont miss is the waiting around in LFG etc for instances and raids.

With the expansion coming next month im seriously considering subscribing to both.
    Am i insane?
    I know i wont get time for both or anywhere near the time but i still want to be able to play both whenever i get time.
    Just wondering what others who are junkies for both plan to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Im subbed to both and wont be dropping either sub anytime soon,

Its not exactly a crippling amount of money and which one I play depends on what mood im in.

I have nowhere near enough time to get the most out of both or one even, but still I get enough enjoyment from both to keep paying subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

I think WAR will get better PvE and instances over time as at the moment there are some dungoens but there is no way to get a PUG to run them. Once that's sorted then they'll add more/better dungeons. WoW has great PvE but waiting for groups is just not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I am in the exact same situation as yourself, except that I am actually still playing WoW atm. I raid 3 nights a week and thats it. Warhammer is thoroughly enjoyable and thats were i spend the rest of my time.

As for the future, well for me it will depend on 2 things:

(1) How Wotlk turns out. The changes being introduced in Wotlk have me worried a bit about my class(Holy Priest). I'm unsure if it will be a raid worthy class, and I dont really want to play if I dont have a good enough input in raids.

(2) How Warhammer endgame is. Although its great fun at the moment, I'm unsure what the endgame aspect will be like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

War will get more PvE dungeons, but they probably wont be anywhere near what Warcraft has. Its an RvR game, thats what its been designed as, thats what its been sold as. Thats the reason that i think it is a far better game then Warcraft. I just prefer the PvP it has. And i've never been a big fan of PvE.

I subscribed to both of them as well. In the end, its only €25 a month, which is less then half the price of a new game these days, and they are far shorter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I subscribed to both of them as well. In the end, its only €25 a month, which is less then half the price of a new game these days, and they are far shorter.

Agreed but its not the cost its the fact i wont have time for both,real life sucks :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dcully wrote: »
    Agreed but its not the cost its the fact i wont have time for both,real life sucks :)
    Tell me about it. I have only been able to play about 2 hours of Warhammer in the past 2 weeks. It sucks.

Advertisement