Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chicken carcas(sp?)

• 13-10-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a left over chicken from yesterday, basically I could probably scrounge enough meat for two. Any ideas what I could do with it for dinner tonight? I also have spuds, onions and feck all else bar condiments.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Wow, the cupboards are pretty bare.

A bit time consuming, but you could make a stock with the carcass. Then make a chicken soup. Sweat the onions and potato in butter. Add stock, and cook until potato is cooked. Blend and add the chicken meat.
    If you happen to find a carrot or anything lurking in the cupboard it would help the stock. Even some pasta could be used to beef up the soup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I usually make a chicken stew out of it. Boil it up with carrots, onions and a few diced spuds (to thicken it up) Then take the carcass out - take all the meat off it - pop that back in, you'll be amazed what you can get off it.
    Then add lentils, quartered/baby spuds and whatever other veg you want in to make up the stew. A one-pot hot bubbling winter warmer dish :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

olaola wrote: »
    I usually make a chicken stew out of it. Boil it up with carrots, onions and a few diced spuds (to thicken it up) Then take the carcass out - take all the meat off it - pop that back in, you'll be amazed what you can get off it.
    Then add lentils, quartered/baby spuds and whatever other veg you want in to make up the stew. A one-pot hot bubbling winter warmer dish :)

This is what I'd do too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

thanks for the replys. I'll give the stew a shot. I found some sweet potatoes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

boil some potatoes and cauliflower, put them in a plexi dish, mixed in with the chicken, prepare a nice thick white sauce with plenty of pepper, cover the mixture with it, then put loads of emmental cheese on top and stick in the oven. just before it's ready, turn on the grill and brown the cheese. Deee-licious

• Advertisement
Advertisement