Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Almera Cigarette Lighter

Options
  • 13-10-2008 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Any help much appreciated!!

I bought a '04 Nissan Almera privately a few weeks ago...The cigarette lighter will work,however it won't work any other appliances like my in-car phone charger?!...:(is there any reason for this?!...is there any adapter or anything which I could use to make in-car appliances work?! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I've an 03 and can plug anything into it and it will work.

Sounds like a problem with your car rather than a general one...

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

tictac2580 wrote: »
    Any help much appreciated!!

I bought a '04 Nissan Almera privately a few weeks ago...The cigarette lighter will work,however it won't work any other appliances like my in-car phone charger?!...:(is there any reason for this?!...is there any adapter or anything which I could use to make in-car appliances work?! :confused:

Have you tried something other than the phone charger as maybe that is the problem. If the cigarette lighter works doesn't sound like the socket is a problem. Had a 04 almera as well and sometimes you just had to twist and play with the phone charger in the socket.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Sounds like a Fuse 20cent for a new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Sounds like a Fuse 20cent for a new one

but then the lighter wouldn't work either

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

towel401 wrote: »
    but then the lighter wouldn't work either

My bad didnt read the post :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It could be a fuse issue anyway. Purely depends on the power pull from the charger/other appliance. I have a 4 plug extender running off my cigarette lighter. Using a 240v power inverter. If you are using all different appliances, make sure they are fully going in. I had to get myself a 3 way charger so I could charge certain things, as they werent long enough to fit in.

Advertisement