Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E51 OR 5310?

• 13-10-2008 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

I looking at getting or the other - which is better, generally? Any major pro's or cons to either or both?

Cheers,

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

matsil wrote: »
    I looking at getting or the other - which is better, generally? Any major pro's or cons to either or both?

Cheers,

Matt

I prefer the look and feel of the E51. The E51 is also a more capable handset being that it is S60; as opposed to the 5310 being S40.

What is your main use of the handset going to be? Is it more for work or personal use? Do you plan on using it as a music player mostly or not? The 5310 has a 3.5mm connection so you can use your normal ear/headphones if you are planning on using it primarily as a music player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭matsil

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I prefer the look and feel of the E51. The E51 is also a more capable handset being that it is S60; as opposed to the 5310 being S40.

What is your main use of the handset going to be? Is it more for work or personal use? Do you plan on using it as a music player mostly or not? The 5310 has a 3.5mm connection so you can use your normal ear/headphones if you are planning on using it primarily as a music player.

Thanks Rsaeire,

Not for work as such, but certainly more work orientated.......

Music....not really..... so I suppose its kind of a waste buying a phone aimed as a music player, and never actually using the main feature.....

what is s40 / s60? Pardon my ignorance.......

Cheers,

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

matsil wrote: »
    Thanks Rsaeire,

Not for work as such, but certainly more work orientated.......

Music....not really..... so I suppose its kind of a waste buying a phone aimed as a music player, and never actually using the main feature.....

what is s40 / s60? Pardon my ignorance.......

Cheers,

Matt

S40, or Series 40, is a type of user interface that a lot of mid-tier Nokia handsets use such as the Nokia 5310.

S60, or Series 60, is also a type of user interface and is used by the E & N series handsets such as the Nokia E51.

The main difference between the two is that S60 handsets allow for multi-tasking, so you can have several different applications open at the one time and switch between them at will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The E51 is a smart business phone that will most things you want, it feels solid and will age well.....the 5310 feels cheap in comparison and is aimed at a completly different market.....If you want a good phone you can't go wrong with an nokia E or N series phone.....the Nokia 6500 classic is not 2 far off the price of a 5310 it might be worth a look if your after a candybar phone......

http://www.nokia.ie/A4201005

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

E51 by a long shot.

Once you go symbian you won't go back.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys..... I'm going next door to buy one at lunch!
    cheers,

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Hope you picked the E51! Love the 5310 but they're so unreliable!!!!

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Hope you picked the E51! Love the 5310 but they're so unreliable!!!!

Yep - got the E51 in Silver..... would have preferred the black, but he didn't have it in stock.... could have got it in a day or two, but the colour doesn't really matter that much, so I just got silver......

Haven't had time to play with it properly - got te blue tooth going and figured out how to connect it to my WLAN at home which is pretty cool...... will have a bit of free time tomorrow between meets to play :D

Advertisement