Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angie jolie buys knife for her six year old son

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

dresden8 wrote: »
    Would you not take it from primary legislation which defines it as a firearm. FACT!!!

It's in capitals, bold and italic.
    Now you're just being flippant.:rolleyes:
    A firearm is a general term used to discribe all weapons which projects either single or multiple projectiles at high velocity through a controlled explosion. This would include a bazooka ... you would hardly call it a gun. Firearm is not technically a classification more then it is a term of reference for all of the above.FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Quit it with the fact nonsense, all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Now you're just being flippant.:rolleyes:
    A firearm is a general term used to discribe all weapons which projects either single or multiple projectiles at high velocity through a controlled explosion. This would include a bazooka ... you would hardly call it a gun. Firearm is not technically a classification more then it is a term of reference for all of the above.FACT

I would agree with you if you were right. Legally a gun is a firearm, not a weapon, as you stated erroneously.

Oddly enough I agree with you on this one, 6 year olds shouldn't be given bazookas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

The Firearms Act 1968 defines a firearm as:
    "a lethal barreled weapon of any description from which any shot, bullet or other missile can be discharged"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Any more talk on guns will be considered off topic and I will be handing out infraction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

To give Angelina and Brad their dues they do seem to be putting quite a bit of thought and effort into parenting in general. I saw an interview with her and although her approach would be seen as many as alternative, she does seem to think things through because she's a bright woman. I imagine her rickety relationship with her father has prompted her to try as hard as she can to be a good parent to all her kids as the interview in which I saw her had her singing her mothers praises and recognising the amount of time and effort her mother put into all of the choices she made for bringing Angelina up outside of mainstream education.
    I cant see a child brought up in that environment going astray to be honest with anything other than the usual drink and drugs that seem to accompany the celebrity lifestyle.
    If it were me I'd probably give him a catapult instead with stern instructions about making sure of your backstop behind targets! Do kids have catapults anymore? Or conkers?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

After following this thread I decided to let my 16 month old son play with a bladeless butter knife at dinner,as he loves sticks and anything in his hands, supervised. I confiscated it once he started making too much noise with it [has the soul of a percussionist]. I though a lot about what the pro and anti knife people said here, and decided it would be better if he approached these things with the philosophy that these are tools, and like any other tool, is dangerous when you don't have the skill to use them, and he would therefore more likely use it as a tool rather than a weapon. Right now he sees it more as a drum stick, so we wont be doing that again.

And ultimately, anything can be turned into a weapon, baseball bats, aerosol sprays, forks, fire, hammers, irons, anything.

Advertisement