Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T80xr - can't shut water off

Options
  • 13-10-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭

Have a Triton T80xr (mains fed) and I can't stop the water flow from it (plumber was out and said solenoid was maybe broken..) - I know I have to find the mains to turn it off completely but does this sound like a big problem to fix i.e. the shower?

Always had problems with low pressure on this shower as well...

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Have a Triton T80xr (mains fed) and I can't stop the water flow from it (plumber was out and said solenoid was maybe broken..) - I know I have to find the mains to turn it off completely but does this sound like a big problem to fix i.e. the shower?

Always had problems with low pressure on this shower as well...

thanks.

Try under the sink in the kitchen for the mains stop-cock... We've had the Triton service guy out twice and they aren't the worst, about same as local plumber callout... ~€40 callout

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

thanks bbam, i had just done what u suggested half hour before I read this and found the valve under the kickboard. Solenoid? has started working again after my brother opened it up and closed it again i.e. the flow stops when the shower is turned off.

only problem now is low pressure light 90% of the time so very rarely get heat out of the shower - needs 1 bar of pressure and I'm told I'm only getting a half bar - anyone know of electric showers (mains fed) that need less pressure than my Triton T80xr?

Advertisement