Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Cream

• 13-10-2008 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I have my Magimix ice cream maker ready to go and I would like to make a really special ice cream to impress at a dinner party at the weekend. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Salted Butter Caramel is fantastic. You can also make many variations using Vanilla as a master recipe. A nice one is Stracciatella: make vanilla recipe, and when you're spooning it into the freezer container, drizzle thin threads of melted chocolate of your choice on top, mixing with a fork to create tasty little chocolately bits. Bubble Gum ice cream is an unusual one. You could also do Baked Alaska, it's a nice showpiece when it's set aflame in a dimly lit room.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭molliesassy

Yum! sounds delish! But can you swallow bubble gum???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

You only add the bubble gum (the french candy Malabar in that recipe) to the milk before gently heating it, to infuse the flavours. You strain the milk afterwards and discard the bubble gum. You can also add a little red food colouring to get a similar colour to the gum, as it doesn't transfer any/much colour during infusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Pistachio. Everybody loves good pistachio ice cream I think (except those with a nut allergy obviously).

• Advertisement
Advertisement