Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever happened to the Group Broadband Scheme?

Options
  • 13-10-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Just doing a web search as I continue to try to figure out how to get some kind of Broadband (still waiting on a telephone, so I have a way to go:).

I noticed that our village (Kilanerin) was approved for the group broadband scheme in 2006/7 and according to Dail proceedings it apparently was completed !?

After that I can find no information at all. Is this a red herring, was the scheme scrapped, or is there any good way to find out a bit more information?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Check lastmile broadband and there are a couple of other small companies that have them.

They aren't exactly search engine optimised sites so it might be hard to find them. Some people probably know of most of them.

They are also mostly sh*t if they are anything like last mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Permanet maybe? http://www.permanet.ie/ I think they did a lot of Group bb in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

Both Permanet and Regional Broadband are in the area, so maybe that's the mystery solved.

I suppose I just hoped that the answer might be the government somehow getting the finger out and getting DSL out to us :o but that's unlikely to happen anyday soon, seeing how it's taking me 4 months just to get a phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

My parents have a gbs wireless connection and its actuqlly quite good.

Advertisement