Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to get Digiweb installed?

Options
  • 13-10-2008 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm asking this because I have a friend who ordered this in his last house and they never showed up. He ended up going with Ice and now has no service but gets charged.

It is in the Maynooth area if they have area specific installers so don't know if that makes a difference. Is it a case of they assume you don't want it if they don't call out after a certain length of time because he ordered it a year ago and never heard back?

I have to go with wireless as I don't want a phone line or UPC. I don't want to go with IBB as I heard they recently got bought by Imagine and I know someone who has that and can't imagine (lol, not intentional just caught myself :D) IBB maintaining a reasonable service.

Any advice much appreciated.

Also what is the contention on Digiweb products (Metro)? I couldn't see it listed on their website or in the terms and conditions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I waited 2 weeks and then told them not to bother. Got smart instead. 2 week wait but no cap or contention. I think Digiweb aim to get it done in 10 business days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It depends on Demand and area.

Between a day and two weeks. You should let them know if someone needs to be off work etc to let installer in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Okay, thanks guys. Ordering today so.

Advertisement