Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD WaW keys out now - eurogamer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭087dannyboy

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

well os.. 3 hours on and its at 55% was at 55 for the past 25 mins or so, so said i stop it and start it again..
    did this and now the key is not valid anymore.. os back to square one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

It says invalid code :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Xbox Live probably thinks you're not a true fan of the game, hence you're not worthy of the Beta.

LOL :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

It says invalid code :(

I know its obvious but just double check you took the code down right, its quite easy to miss a letter or whatever. if that doesn't work i'll ask one of the lads later if there's any spare. a lot of em have ps3's but might have gotten one & are not able to use it. will pm u if i do

• Advertisement

dublander wrote: »
    I know its obvious but just double check you took the code down right, its quite easy to miss a letter or whatever. if that doesn't work i'll ask one of the lads later if there's any spare. a lot of em have ps3's but might have gotten one & are not able to use it. will pm u if i do

haha no i appreciate your advise but im referring to the link on the post above me. It didnt work. But thanks anyway........ and if there was a spare key i suppose i wouldnt say no :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Xbox Live probably thinks you're not a true fan of the game, hence you're not worthy of the Beta.

Damn that telepathical technology. Damn it to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

the game is amazing

The game is far from amazing. Another re-hash from a joke of a studio. Infinity Ward need to get sole development rights for this series before Treyarch fùck it up even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Spare one, first come, first served.

XTFKG-MKCQG-TDTJT-36T8D-4GKDY

Noice one
    Thanks a mill :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Jesus I could not be ARSED even bothering with this. What the **** are they playing at releasing the same game over and over. WW2 must be the most raped war in terms of video game cliches.
    Why don't they make a game set during WW1 or the vietnam war etc etc
    I completely agree that treyarch should piss off for themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Asmodean wrote: »
    Jesus I could not be ARSED even bothering with this. What the **** are they playing at releasing the same game over and over. WW2 must be the most raped war in terms of video game cliches.
    Why don't they make a game set during WW1 or the vietnam war etc etc
    I completely agree that treyarch should piss off for themselves

World War 1? Really old crap weapons perhaps...no fun.

I'd really doubt that a big franchise like COD would go into a war where the Americans actually lose the war.

and now for a quick review; the game is amazing, can't wait to get home and play it til my fingers bleed

Just played it there and I'm very underwhelmed. I'm not sure the graphics are a step forward, maybe a step backwards if anything. Your gun and hands, etc ect look the exact same as COD3.

Players look very funny when they are running.

The weapons aren't as good as 4 (although, its to be expected).

The dogs look like 2D cardboard cutouts.

Its doesn't seem to be as good as COD4. Not by a long shot....

These developers aren't in the same league.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

i really like it. i wasn't looking for Cod 4 (II), thats Cod 6! i was looking for something a bit different for the moment and cod5 is that game. remember that its just the beta version so it's not the finished article. there's also loads more perks, weapons etc to unlock. of course i still love cod4 also though so reckon ill still play both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Don't forget this is a beta so they have time to fix some of the minor issues such as the rendering of the dogs. It plays like a mod though.

i really like it. i wasn't looking for Cod 4 (II), thats Cod 6!

So why should we be subjected to a sub-standard COD5?
    i was looking for something a bit different

When I buy a COD, I expect it to be a COD, not a stop-gap for a year.
    silvine wrote: »
    Don't forget this is a beta so they have time to fix some of the minor issues such as the rendering of the dogs. It plays like a mod though.

This is true, but from a beta version, things only get fine tuned, what they need is a overhaul of their movement, how they are rendered. I doubt they'll have it fixed up to a much better standard. Beta to gold are just tweaks.

But maybe I was a little too harsh at first, I've played it again today and I enjoyed it a bit more. I still think COD4 is better though. Each iteration should be an improvement in some form or shape, not a side-step. Otherwise there isn't much point in paying more money. I still think its good, but it could be so much better is what I'm really saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

For the people that have played both games, is it as much fun as CoD3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Jammi

Anyone got a spare key????? Anyone please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭087dannyboy

Ive got a spare key PM me

key is gone to Jammi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Jammi

Hi Dannyboy, sent you a PM. Would really appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Ive got a spare key PM me

Sent you a pm also about 10 mins ago :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

How are people getting these spare keys lol?

I cant sign up to callofduty.com, keeps saying error.activision.userNAMEtaken... But my username is not being taken and ive tried loads of different ones, ive tried on IE and FF, no luck.

So if anybody does have a spare key, or any help on my problem, you would be a great help.

Can anyone explain the whole dealio with the beta codes.
    I pre-ordered the game in hope of getting the code.
    The shop assistant tells me that the demos "have not arrived yet", i think wha??? its a code i need, so i go back in and say its a code that i need to be downloaded off xbox marketplace...now they say "Demo is not available in Ireland"....So i think to myself this is BULL considering mates on xbox live have the beta.

So here i am...pissed that i cant play the beta...anyone shed any light on what the situation is with the beta codeS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 MattE

quit your moanin' Y2J_MUFC!!

as for the beta codes Carroller, i'm in the same boat as you, pre-ordered from game but never got one, not really bothered though, only have to wait 3 weeks or so for the full game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

if anyone has a spare key, please pm it to me! I will give you my love forever/be your best friend/stop riding yore ma (delete where applicable)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If anyone has a spare can I have it please??????

Me love you long time!! :D

MattE wrote: »
    as for the beta codes Carroller, i'm in the same boat as you, pre-ordered from game but never got one, not really bothered though, only have to wait 3 weeks or so for the full game!

They should have just released it on marketplace for all to download instead of the code ****e.

Carroller wrote: »
    They should have just released it on marketplace for all to download instead of the code ****e.

Amen to that.

Anyone who can provide me with a key. I will return a favour. An actual favour not a bull**** one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

I see your offer of an actual favour and raise it to an actual sexual favour! :)

• Advertisement

Well... I think your gambling on the readers of this thread to be mostly gay or female.

Therefor my actual favour offer still stands. :)

Advertisement