Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just one of those questions....(Shops that sell TVs)

Options
  • 13-10-2008 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Yo,

Not really a consumer issue but more of a question that I find interesting!

Ya know those shops that sell TVs (e.g. DID, Power City etc)....do they have to buy a TV license?? - I would imagine so because most, if not all, of the teles are broadcasting tv channels in store.

Hope someone can help with this Q!

Thanks,

Ste

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,991 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Once you have a device capable of recieving a TV signal you need a TV licence. Doesn't mater if their showing DVDs or TV programs they still need a licence. The only good thing is they only need 1 per store.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They sure do. I had to renew one on a couple of occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yes they would. Besides all the stock ones there are most likely some for staff and security too. They'd only have to buy one to cover all of them though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    yes they would. Besides all the stock ones there are most likely some for staff and security too. They'd only have to buy one to cover all of them though
    security monitors are not required to be liscensed as long as they have no receiving equipment in them. these can not normally be used for watching television.

Advertisement