Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

foxy...

• 13-10-2008 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭

Seen this fella last night down by seapoint,drove car right up to him, no bother to him at all, thought id upload these as nothing new been here for a while, sorry if pics not great,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Cool, check out his brother on the pics gallery on top of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I came across the exact same in June and posted a few pictures, he was only a cub back then, I managed to get a bit closer to him. :)

Next time you should offer him some meat or dog food.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055310784&highlight=fox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

why?

why?
    For the same reason one would feed the ducks in Stephens Green, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

I came across the exact same in June and posted a few pictures, he was only a cub back then, I managed to get a bit closer to him. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055310784&highlight=fox

Yeah seen them pics when ya posted them, good pics, i was lucky to have the camera in the car.

• Advertisement

gversey wrote: »
    Yeah seen them pics when ya posted them, good pics, i was lucky to have the camera in the car.
    Mine was taken with a Nokia N95, not bad for a camphone. Same cheeky fox :).

Mine was taken with a Nokia N95, not bad for a camphone. Same cheeky fox :).

Herself wants to go down and give him food tonight,if that rain keeps up he wont be getting it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

For the same reason one would feed the ducks in Stephens Green, :rolleyes:

Yes, so they can become dependent on humans supplementing their diets, make them pests and generally reduce their ecological viability?

no thanks

I honestly didn't know the ducks on Stephens green were that much of a problem! What are they doing to be pests?

I would be more nervous about scumbags having a go at it with an air rifle, fireworks or their small white Japanese car with a loud exhaust to be honest! The fella I was was very brave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

back talking nonsense i see.

• Advertisement

gversey wrote: »
    Herself wants to go down and give him food tonight,if that rain keeps up he wont be getting it....
    Foxes also love chicken scraps. :)

stevoman wrote: »
    back talking nonsense i see.
    Don't say I didn't warn you if your moggys head turns up in the back garden some morning, you can put it down to "nonsense". :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/main.jhtml?xml=/global/2005/02/06/nfox06.xml

Can you give us any more obscure articles from other countries that will encourage morons to try and kill our cities wildlife that have become almost tame from people feeding them?

Im sorry i posted this bloody pics now.......

Nah, don't be, more evidence of a mangeless healthy fox population in our cities.

Your always going to get a weirdo element no matter what you post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I'm not a fan of hunting healthy foxes but feeding him is basically going to get him killed, there wild and should be left that way..

and if you really want to feed him leave the food down when he does not see you and he'll just think he got lucky..he cant get used to humans.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    leave the food down when he does not see you and he'll just think he got lucky..he cant get used to humans.

Yeah, I do this in the bitter depth of winter sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

all im trying to say is that foxes are extremly adapable and can settle from city to country or country to city in a extremly quick amount of time. thats a fact and i think we can all agree with that.

my point is i dont think anyone should really be feeding a fox as it gets them too used to human society. thats all well and good until it walks into a field some night and it comes across a man with his lamp and gun and gets shot as its thinks thats the scent of humans cause no danger to him. so if people really care about the foxes they wouldnt be feeding them, but just let them do their own thing.
    And leaving food in secret places doesnt realy work either as they have an extremly acute sense of smell and they can tell the smell of humans hands or whatever literally a mile away.

Yeah, that really makes sense Stevo. However.... I think the urban fox is well used to the human scent and has been living off us for years. Its not going to matter if there is my scent on the food or not, human scent has been on about 60% of its diet for the last few hundred years! There is no way my local foxes are going to come across a man with a lamp and a gun, the area is WAY to urban, so I don't think any harm is going to come to the animal. Good points though and very very apt for some areas in the country.

Advertisement