Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Booking your car service online???

Options
  • 13-10-2008 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

Simple question, has anyone ever booked their car service online, if yes, how was it, if no, why not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Simple question, has anyone ever booked their car service online, if yes, how was it, if no, why not?

no

I never knew you could.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Darragh29 wrote: »

Market research?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Stekelly wrote: »
    Market research?;)

No, just you can do everything else online these days. Book holidays, do your banking, etc, etc, etc. Motor industry seems hopelessly behind on this front...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

My sister did twice with a VW main dealer. First time they rang her to tell her that wasn't due a service as her mileage was low. The second time they never confirmed the appointment so she had to phone them to make sure that they were expecting her....

I think that its a good idea - the service people are always the hardest to reach by phone so it saves all that waiting on hold and being phoned back etc etc. Probably makes life much easier for the service staff too as they can concentrate on other things which might be more urgent.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

245 wrote: »
    My sister did twice with a VW main dealer. First time they rang her to tell her that wasn't due a service as her mileage was low. The second time they never confirmed the appointment so she had to phone them to make sure that they were expecting her....

Thats like Apache pizza. You order online then they ring you 5 mins later to confirm your order and details. All a bit pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

An email back would have done the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

You'd need to link the website booking front-end into a workshop loading system so that you had the ability to see what times/days were free.
    To do this, the workshop would have to be properly using a proper computerised workshop loading system - at the moment they just use them to generate invoices and allow mechanics to clock on and off.

You'd also need to know how long your service/repairs will take so you knew how much time to book yourself in for.

I think it should be automated and online, but I'm not sure if it could!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 legend1981

it sounds good to be able to organsie it online but id do it the simple way and actually talk to the peson some things get lost in transit..like what you need done to you car

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

it works well for the NCT, so can't see why it wouldn't work well for servicing...

I guess it could probably help the garages have the correct parts available at the right time too...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,983 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've asked if a slot was available by email and confirmed it; if that counts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

it works well for the NCT, so can't see why it wouldn't work well for servicing...

An NCT test takes the same amount of time, everytime, servicing rarely does - that's the fundamental flaw I'd see with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Where I work, people eMail in a request for service, the eMail is logged in CRM, passed to Service People, followed up, and in case it isn't, the CRM system reminds me to check it again in 3 hours just in case.

It's a lot more cost effective then actually setting a booking rota line. Especially when you consider a customer might see an hours slot, book a service, nor realising how long their service might be.

Sometimes simple is better, once there's a concrete followup process to make sure no one slips through the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭golfpaul

AudiChris wrote: »
    You'd need to link the website booking front-end into a workshop loading system so that you had the ability to see what times/days were free.
    To do this, the workshop would have to be properly using a proper computerised workshop loading system - at the moment they just use them to generate invoices and allow mechanics to clock on and off.

You'd also need to know how long your service/repairs will take so you knew how much time to book yourself in for.

I think it should be automated and online, but I'm not sure if it could!

I think it would be a great idea. If you input your car model and mileage on the online booking form you should get a reply stating how long service should take (should know if its standard service or if timing belt needs changing from this). Also you could have an extra comment section on booking form for non standard service extras (for changing wiper blades etc). It would make things easier for service staff as they will already have a list of extras that need to be checked instead of writing them up on day of service (reducing queues)..Also would speed up my time checking in car for service :) I also find it nearly impossible to check in for service by phone as service department is always busy :(

Advertisement