Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a CPA Member

• 13-10-2008 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49

Heya, I am wondering if any recent CPA members could clarify something for me. I passed my P2s last week and got the CPA membership pack today. They are looking for 2 referees. One can be your'e employer and the other a cpa member or another qualified accountant. It appears that the second should be somewhat familar with your work. The thing is I am in the same workplace since I started my career in accountancy and my boss is the only qualified accountant. My question is would a referee from our auditors suffice? Plus do you think the auditors would give a reference?
    Many thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

Any other qualified accountant would suffice. How about one of your lecturers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Aine1981 wrote: »
    My question is would a referee from our auditors suffice? Plus do you think the auditors would give a reference?

Yes & Yes (if you deserve one ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Aine1981

Thanks to you both for your replies. Hopefully I will get sorted.

Advertisement